• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Range today - Qual

Bellum_Intus

Woot..

Just finished up qualification on Pistol range. 25/25 , defensive fire - flash sighting.

pistolqual.jpg

Bellum_Intus

I see this is a HOT topic.. lol.. :p

Anyway.. From what I saw on the range today, I'd say ANYONE who is open carrying should at least take a basic course..
Suffice it to say, 2 people were .. umm how to say, removed from the range..

--Rob

ZackL

As has been said, congrats on the group. What was the range (yards or meters)? Timed? Mandatory mag changes? I'm curious to know about these as I haven't taken anything more than a hunter ed course, though I might take a course with a few friends in July. Thanks btw.

Bellum_Intus

As has been said, congrats on the group. What was the range (yards or meters)? Timed? Mandatory mag changes? I'm curious to know about these as I haven't taken anything more than a hunter ed course, though I might take a course with a few friends in July. Thanks btw.

Qual:
This was 1 mag of 5 @ 3 yds (one handed) , mag change, 10 rds @ 7 yds, mag change, 10 rds @ 10 yds, lock and clear. All flash sight.

Not part of final qual, but required to pass course (live fire)
In the course, we had timed Type 1-4 IAD's
1- Failure to fire - 1.4 seconds
2- Failure to eject - 1.6 seconds
3- Failure to extract - 5.7 seconds
4- Out of battery - 1.4 seconds

AND
Emergency reload - 1.4 seconds
Tactical reload - 4.5 seconds