• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ritzville open carry at Starbucks; best encounter yet

skiingislife725

After spending the weekend with the in-laws near Spokane, my wife and I headed back to the wetside this morning. We made it to Ritzville and the wifey decided that Starbucks sounded pretty good so we swung in for a quick stop. While we were walking in, I noticed a young man coming to the door just as we were walking in. He smiled and I held the door for him and then thought nothing of it. We got in line, ordered our drinks, and then just as we finished, the young man behind me called towards me and got my attention. He told me, "This might sound a little strange, but I really appreciate you open carrying and standing up for your right to bear arms. Rights are like muscles, we lose them if we don't exercise them." I wish that I said more than thank you and acknowledging what he was saying, but I was so taken aback by the sincerity of his words and how well thought out it was. And then he was gone. He was originally going next door to the Taco Del Mar and only came in, and waited several minutes, to thank me for exercising my rights. It really made my day. By far the best positive encounter I've had to date.

It looked like the young man was too young to carry yet (maybe 18?) and he took off too soon to ask, but hey, just in case ya come across this. Thanks! Your words meant a lot, it really made my day.

Knowledge

That's how I felt when I first OC'ed at Alderwood Mall. The guy working at Escape Outdoors store said something along the lines of that. Comments like that really do make a day;)