• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Expanding our view of the RKBA in the PRM...

swinokur

Activist Member
Because, as everyone knows, after 72 hours, LiveScan fingerprints start to go stale, and you can't read them because of the fuzzy blue mold that sets in on the digital computer files... :banghead:

Apparently there are regulations of the unsupported retention of fingerprint records. I don't have a cite.

This is fro the MSP web site:
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ELECTRONIC FINGERPRINT PARTICIPANTS: IF YOUR APPLICATION IS NOT FORWARDED WITH THE ELECTRONIC FINGERPRINT PROCESSING CENTER RECEIPT AND RECEIVED BY THE LICENSING DIVISION WITHOUT DELAY AFTER HAVING YOUR FINGERPRINTS SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY, THE APPLICATION MAY BE DELAYED OR RETURNED AS LIVE ELECTRONIC FINGERPRINT SUBMISSION RESULTS ARE RETURNED QUICKLY AND DUE TO THE VOLUME OF REQUESTS AND LAWS CONCERNING THE UNSUPPORTED RETENTION OF CRIMINAL HISTORY INFORMATION, THE LICENSING DIVISION MAY NOT STORE YOUR FINGERPRINT RESULTS FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD. DO NOT DELAY!

You may not agree with the system, but it is what it is.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
So what you're saying is that we should have our MD LTCH applications filled out, and in an envelope ready to send, so that we can FedEx them to Pikesville the minute we hear the Stay is lifted?...

Yep. I'm working on a guide for non residents as we speak.

It will be interesting to see what illegal action the MSP takes to weasel out of processing applications if the the 4CA doesn't grant a stay, or there is a "window" of time between two stays...

There won't be a window. Given that CA 4 only gave Gura 4 days to respond, they intend to rule by August 6th.

Also, there will be no weaseling. MSP's licensing division leadership has been in communication with MSI. There will be changes to the application (current apps will still be accepted) & the investigation process will be entirely changed to be de minimus.

Sig229

Wow, I really hope you long lost brethren in MD to get Shall Issue.

As I have said before, if MD does become shall issue I may consider moving back in the future.

Also, I wonder if MD will have reciprocity with any other states if shall issue is granted in MD?

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Wow, I really hope you long lost brethren in MD to get Shall Issue.

As I have said before, if MD does become shall issue I may consider moving back in the future.

Also, I wonder if MD will have reciprocity with any other states if shall issue is granted in MD?

The lawsuit only strikes "good and substantial" from the statute. You still need a Maryland carry license to carry in the state, openly or concealed on your person or in a vehicle (unless you're doing regulated firearm trunk transport or transport under FOPA). Reciprocity would have to come from state or federal legislation.

Sig229

So what you're saying is that we should have our MD LTCH applications filled out, and in an envelope ready to send, so that we can FedEx them to Pikesville

Call me paranoid, but I wouldnt use Fed Ex or UPS for sending anything to the MDSP.

They can simply refuse to sign or accept a FedEx or UPS letter and then you're screwed out of your money and time.

A USPS certified letter would probably work better IMHO.

Emtp8383

What about a long bow? Could I walk around the inner harbor looking like Legolas? It wouldn't be at all practical for self defense, but would it be legal?