Thread: OC article in June's Playboy

OC article in June's Playboy

So, anyone read it? I'm about halfway thru, looks to be stereotypically negative (not surprising), but coming from the perspective of a CC-only author (somewhat surprising). Does mention GeorgiaCarry.org
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

A friend of mine receives the magazine.... I briefly skimmed a few pages before I had to leave.... Gist of it was: "OC is looking for trouble"

Even back when I subscribed, 25~ish years ago, I was turned off by their editorial partisanship. Their news and editorials were frequently brilliant when it came to issues of personal freedom, but they were just as often made-up bovine scat. When I found myself agreeing with their persuasive writing, then realizing I knew better because they were completely mis-stating the facts, I decided I couldn't trust anything they wrote.

So, I no longer read the articles.

Okay, some of the interviews are still interesting, and the cartoons are great.

I kid, of course; it's been years since I bought an issue off the newsstand.

There's articles in Playboy?....who wudda thunk it.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    There's articles in Playboy?....who wudda thunk it.
    My wife bought me Playboy for awhile because she thought I'd like the eye candy I ended up enjoying it way more for the articles. Although nice to browse through the women on there are way to made up and fake for my tastes.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Cool

It is predictably skewed from a "CC only" viewpoint and is difficult to read with the author talking out of both sides of his mouth, defending CC as essential but s**t-talking OC like it's a bad herpes outbreak.

In my reading of Playboy for the past 20 years (yes, READING) I have noticed that they unfailingly worship at the altar of progressivism. Liberalism is a disease and they haz it.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

So, I'm not the only one who reads the Playboy articles? It's nice to read that someone else enjoys the articles. Nothing like reading about quicker tire-changing techniques between, well, anyhoo *runs oft*--wait, that's Hustler!
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    So, I'm not the only one who reads the Playboy articles? It's nice to read that someone else enjoys the articles. Nothing like reading about quicker tire-changing techniques between, well, anyhoo *runs oft*--wait, that's Hustler!
    There was a great Article on Chief Billy of Seminole a few years ago. I like the articles.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

About that article...

That's how I found out about this website!
    However, Playboy is generally negative towards handgun ownership, more hypocrisy from the well protected elite (as if Hef's bodyguards aren't very well armed, some even with thigh holsters!)

Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post
    In my reading of Playboy for the past 20 years (yes, READING) I have noticed that they unfailingly worship at the altar of progressivism. Liberalism is a disease and they haz it.
    I have significantly more respect for Larry Flynt. His publications are categorically superior. Larry even has his own website where he publishes his articles for free.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.