• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC article in June's Playboy

Metalhead47

So, anyone read it? I'm about halfway thru, looks to be stereotypically negative (not surprising), but coming from the perspective of a CC-only author (somewhat surprising). Does mention GeorgiaCarry.org

Dogbait

A friend of mine receives the magazine.... I briefly skimmed a few pages before I had to leave.... Gist of it was: "OC is looking for trouble"

KBCraig

Even back when I subscribed, 25~ish years ago, I was turned off by their editorial partisanship. Their news and editorials were frequently brilliant when it came to issues of personal freedom, but they were just as often made-up bovine scat. When I found myself agreeing with their persuasive writing, then realizing I knew better because they were completely mis-stating the facts, I decided I couldn't trust anything they wrote.

So, I no longer read the articles. :D

Okay, some of the interviews are still interesting, and the cartoons are great.

I kid, of course; it's been years since I bought an issue off the newsstand.

wylde007

It is predictably skewed from a "CC only" viewpoint and is difficult to read with the author talking out of both sides of his mouth, defending CC as essential but s**t-talking OC like it's a bad herpes outbreak.

In my reading of Playboy for the past 20 years (yes, READING) I have noticed that they unfailingly worship at the altar of progressivism. Liberalism is a disease and they haz it.

Beretta92FSLady

So, I'm not the only one who reads the Playboy articles? It's nice to read that someone else enjoys the articles. Nothing like reading about quicker tire-changing techniques between, well, anyhoo *runs oft*--wait, that's Hustler!

sudden valley gunner

So, I'm not the only one who reads the Playboy articles? It's nice to read that someone else enjoys the articles. Nothing like reading about quicker tire-changing techniques between, well, anyhoo *runs oft*--wait, that's Hustler!

There was a great Article on Chief Billy of Seminole a few years ago. I like the articles.

RJHbolt

About that article...

That's how I found out about this website!
However, Playboy is generally negative towards handgun ownership, more hypocrisy from the well protected elite (as if Hef's bodyguards aren't very well armed, some even with thigh holsters!)

Michigander

In my reading of Playboy for the past 20 years (yes, READING) I have noticed that they unfailingly worship at the altar of progressivism. Liberalism is a disease and they haz it.

I have significantly more respect for Larry Flynt. His publications are categorically superior. Larry even has his own website where he publishes his articles for free.