• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Closest gas to OR state line on I-84?

xxx.jakk.xxx

Yeah, a few months ago I went down to an outlet mall just south of Portland. I thought I'd have enough gas to make it in and out of OR but i wound up having to stop and get some... I saw people outside of their cars and what appeared to be a man filling his own car, so I got out and started. That guy was actually handling all 6 pumps at once and finally made it to me to tell me i was breaking the law...

Dogbait

The OR law about gas stations pumping gas, not customers....It was very much the "keep the serfs gainfully employed so we can collect more income tax". I remember when that happened. The argument was it wouldn't lower gas prices, it would just make a lot of Service Station attendents unemployed, and the evil greedy gas companies would pocket the savings.

BTW: You can OC in OR without an OR CHL...you just cannot conceal or enter public buildings without an OR CHL.

Honestly, if you look at Washington prices and Oregon prices they are about the same (At least in the Portland-Vancouver area).

DocWalker

Fruitland Mile Marker #3 in IDAHO

I have to travel I-84 all the time as my wife is from Washington State. If you can make it all the way through Oregon ( I usally fill up in the Tri-Cities) so I don't have to let some teenager fill my tank. When you hit Idaho at mile marker #3 (Fruitland exit) there is a shell station with an A&W, I usally fill up there when heading up to Washigton. You can tell because I fuel up and un-conceal carry at that point the hit the road. I find it cheaper gas than getting gas in Oregon also.

amlevin

How much more does Washington tax the gas though?

Let me Google that for you

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+much+more+does+washington+state+charge+for+gas+tax+than+oregon

BTW, Getting screwed by the State is getting to be regular when it comes to gas tax. Now they allow the Tribes to keep part of the Gas Tax, ostensibly to "maintain the reservation's transportation infrastructure", and then they use this extra money to undercut the prices charged by off reservation stations. Here in Snohomish County it's not unusual to find County trucks doing road maintenance on the "res" even though the tribe is supposed to be doing for themselves now. So who's screwing who now?

Last edited: