• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UNCLE TED a DRAFT DODGER

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
I dont consider it slavery. Maybe if people were taught some pride, and to respect the flag as they do in the service, the country would be worth more, and more would get involved. Shoot, just making people dress neatly, pick up after themselves, and know that there is a reason for having a place for everything and some order to life, would do the country some good.

Some countries have more freedom than ours.

I'm with you on this. Some people don't fully understand the price of freedom; for them, it comes too cheaply to be cherished. If they truly understood the cost, they'd shed more than one tear for the sacrifice many have mad, rather than spout ignorance.

They're a good reason to bring the draft back; perhaps they'd learn something about pride, integrity, responsibility, patriotism, sacrifice. It's unlikely they'll pick that up in prison or the country club. Obviously, living in mama's basement has made them soft.

ManInBlack

I'm with you on this. Some people don't fully understand the price of freedom; for them, it comes too cheaply to be cherished. If they truly understood the cost, they'd shed more than one tear for the sacrifice many have mad, rather than spout ignorance.

They're a good reason to bring the draft back; perhaps they'd learn something about pride, integrity, responsibility, patriotism, sacrifice. It's unlikely they'll pick that up in prison or the country club. Obviously, living in mama's basement has made them soft.

Oh yeah, I'm sure that bombing Iraqis or Afghans or Libyans or whoever, without a constitutionally-required declaration of war, makes me more free. Hell, I'd be even freer if I was forced, at gunpoint, to participate!

Do you people ever read what you write?

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
You don't work. You collect government money that was confiscated from others, spend your days playing with little children (and, by your own admission, getting yourself in trouble with the law for harming them), and have the audacity to demand that others be conscripted into involuntary servitude (again, beyond the involuntary servitude that goes toward providing for your existence) to the government.

You have zero credibility. You have demonstrated that you are completely uninformed.

Pot calling the kettle black. COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attack

Last edited by a moderator:

stainless1911

Banned
You don't work. You collect government money that was confiscated from others, spend your days playing with little children (and, by your own admission, getting yourself in trouble with the law for harming them), and have the audacity to demand that others be conscripted into involuntary servitude (again, beyond the involuntary servitude that goes toward providing for your existence) to the government.

You have zero credibility. You have demonstrated that you are completely uninformed.

You should go to work for the media, or as a lawyer. Dont put your credibility against mine here, you'll lose that bet. I have some haters, but thats about it.

I can work to a limited basis, and when I can, I do.
I was watching the kids for mom, who got mad at her for the girls own stupidity which got her hurt. She intends to speak with trhe judge shortly because even she feels I got screwed over.

And yes, people should spend some time serving the country. Helps eliminate the number of people you complain about in the same paragraph.

Last edited:

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Oh yeah, I'm sure that bombing Iraqis or Afghans or Libyans or whoever, without a constitutionally-required declaration of war, makes me more free. Hell, I'd be even freer if I was forced, at gunpoint, to participate!

Do you people ever read what you write?

I live what I write. You probably dream of living a life.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
You should go to work for the media, or as a lawyer. Dont put your credibility against mine here, you'll lise that bet. I have some haters, but thats about it.

I can work to a limited basis, and when I can, I do.
I was watching the kids for mom, who got mad at her for the girls own stupidity which got her hurt. She intends to speak with trhe judge shortly because even she feels I got screwed over.

And yes, people should spend some time serving the country. Helps eliminate the number of people you complain about in the same paragraph.

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
or are those who dont fight for freedom, freeloaders?

That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his passport shall be made
And crowns for convoy put into his purse:
We would not die in that man's company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.
This day is called the feast of Crispian:
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when the day is named,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian:'
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars.
And say 'These wounds I had on Crispin's day.'
Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember with advantages
What feats he did that day: then shall our names.

Oh, the shame of holding his manhood so cheap.

michaelm_ski

The Draft Forced Slavery ?

I VOLUNTEERED for the service at 17 and I knew just what could happen at any time , I had two uncles who had served in WW2 and Korea and they never talked about their combat experiences just to say that they fought proudly and never regretted doing their time . I grew up proud of my uncles and only at their deaths did I find the medals they won in combat I have only cried a hand full of times and their deaths were two of the times , when I volunteered I knew as well as anyone in there that we could have had to go to combat at anytime and we stayed in , we are ALWAYS grateful for the sacrifices others have made for the freedom of the future generations . Some things in life aren't for everyone and the nice thing is everyone is entitled to their opinion due to the freedom here in the great United States of America land of the free and Brave . :D

Last edited:

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
I VOLUNTEERED for the service at 17 and I knew just what could happen at any time , I had two uncles who had served in WW2 and Korea and they never talked about their combat experiences just to say that they fought proudly and never regretted doing their time . I grew up proud of my uncles and only at their deaths did I find the medals they won in combat I have only cried a hand full of times and their deaths were two of the times , when I volunteered I knew as well as anyone in there that we could have had to go to combat at anytime and we stayed in we ALWAYS are grateful for the sacrifices others have made for the freedom of the future generations . Some things in life aren't for everyone and the nice thing is everyone is entitled to their opinion due to the freedom here in the great United States of America land of the free and Brave . :D

Amen and amen! But, my blood boils when malcontents besmirch the hallowed memory of those who paid for our freedom with lives cut short, or returned with grievous wounds, to an uncaring and unappreciative people.

And yet, men of honor, they would do it again, despite the spittle on their brow and catcalls thrown at their backs, bent with fatigue and sorrows beyond the mortal ken. Men of Valor, men of Honor. My heros, my fathers.

ManInBlack

And people wonder why our nation always seems to be at war...

P.S.: I'm not some kind of peacenik hippie. I am not a pacifist. I believe in political violence when such is necessary to effect the governmental recognition of rights in one's own country (aka the American Revolution). I do, however, have a quaint notion that the Constitution should be followed. I have a slight problem with having seen my friends die in countries around the world, in fights that had nothing at all to do with them, their nation, or their liberties. I have a big problem with the government using force to compel young men to participate in such fights.

The only "good" war is one in which your home is at your back, and your feet are on your own soil.

"'Say what you like about my bloody murderous government,' I says, 'but don't insult me poor bleedin' country.'"
-Edward Abbey

Last edited:

Michigander

I'm not a fan of Ted Nugent, but:

The draft is a form of slavery. Especially because the modern military has nothing to do with defending the country or Constitution, I won't begrudge anyone for attempting to evade involuntary servitude.

Yep, lots of good reasons to hate on him. Military service evasion isn't one of them.

georg jetson

and people wonder why our nation always seems to be at war...

P.s.: I'm not some kind of peacenik hippie. I am not a pacifist. I believe in political violence when such is necessary to effect the governmental recognition of rights in one's own country (aka the american revolution). I do, however, have a quaint notion that the constitution should be followed. I have a slight problem with having seen my friends die in countries around the world, in fights that had nothing at all to do with them, their nation, or their liberties. I have a big problem with the government using force to compel young men to participate in such fights.

The only "good" war is one in which your home is at your back, and your feet are on your own soil.

"'say what you like about my bloody murderous government,' i says, 'but don't insult me poor bleedin' country.'"
-edward abbey

^^^^^^^AMEN!!!^^^^^^^^^^^i

Last edited:

Sig229

Doing drugs, being filthy, and crapping your pants would not keep you out of service if your number came up.

Oh yes it would.
Many people during the Vietnam conflict were able to get out of the draft for being drug addicts.
There's even some evidence that Jimi Hendrix falsely declared he was a homosexual to get out of going to Vietnam.

PistolPackingMomma

I dont agree with everything our .gov does with our military. The military, the soldiers, and the freedoms that we do have, are worth protecting.

So, protect our soldiers by declaring it's patriotic to send them over to a country to risk getting blown up or shot? And if they make it home (generally in pieces!) then they have the ****** ass "road to recovery" dealing with PTSD, physical disabilities, suicide...yeah, THAT'S patriotic. /sarcasm

I used to think like you and Shadowbear; that military service was the highest form of honor, that our brave boys and girls could do no wrong, and I was proud to be raised in a multi-military family.

But then I grew up and started digesting politics, rather than simply regurgitating what the talking heads said, and I began to wonder; how exactly does a 20 something American father of 2 dying in Iran protect our freedoms? The true threat to our liberties is our own government! The legislation and excessive government spending are what we should be fighting against! Our government perpetuates the myth that being pro-military/pro-war equates to patriotism. I don't buy that anymore.

And how can you justify a draft when we are supposed to be the land of the FREE? :uhoh:

OC for ME

Draft dodgers don't even show up as a blip on the edge of my radar screen....don't care one way or the other.

But, reading the show sure is entertaining....:monkey

Gunslinger

Kind of strange to see that on 'military.com.' And why just Republicans? mr. klinton and Hanoi john kerry have pretty good stories too. Here's the thing, though. Irrespective of the reasons we served: we fought for freedom, we fought for our country--but in the end, we fought for each other. What happened in the Killing Fields of Cambodia after we pulled out speaks for the rightness of our cause. Even Joan Baez admitted that. As for me, my sig states my feelings about the war.

jdholmes

Somebody said on here that there are lots of countries with more freedom than the United States...could you name a few maybe?

I just received my permanent residence from Canada to here and I can tell you I feel a heck of a lot more free so far.

I was surprised, however, to find that you still had draft registration and felt a little lucky that I am over the age of 26-27, whatever it said...and being clergy...but crazy that is still here!

It is one thing to serve your country and it's people by choice, as many Canadians have done proudly and many from my family...but forcing someone into fighting is another matter entirely.

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
More free? No, I prolly overstated that a bit.

I was referring to places like the Netherlands where you can smoke pot, Germany where you are free to drive, places like the middle east, where you can get an automatic rifle such as an AK-47 for a couple hundred, and no paper trail, places that arent taxing things like cigarettes several hundred percent, and others where you can go to the doctor if you're poor.

All freedoms that we should enjoy here.

Last edited:

jdholmes

Ahhhh...yes they do have some of those freedoms. But they are so much less free in other areas that I wouldn't even think about wanting to be there vs. here.

Even Canada, as much as it is a beautiful place and celebrates many freedoms like the ability to go to the doctor at any time for any reason and not have to worry about paying for it, even if you have to stay at the hospital, it has become so liberal and restrictive in other areas that it I am more than happy to have immigrated here with my wife. Plus the savings from not having to pay 5.00-7.00 for a gallon of milk/gas among other price gauging up there...the USA is a great place.