• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UNCLE TED a DRAFT DODGER

stainless1911

Banned
I guess I look at it differently. For one, people seem to have a "world owes me" attitude, I see it as a way to pay back for services, despite the shortcomings of the .gov.

Or, like a seat belt law. I don't need a law to tell me to wear a seatbelt, it's just something that I do anyhow. Same thing with the service, its just something that people should be expected to do.

ManInBlack

I guess I look at it differently. For one, people seem to have a "world owes me" attitude, I see it as a way to pay back for services, despite the shortcomings of the .gov.

Or, like a seat belt law. I don't need a law to tell me to wear a seatbelt, it's just something that I do anyhow. Same thing with the service, its just something that people should be expected to do.

LOL...but you want a law, just in case people don't do what you expect them to. :rolleyes:

Isn't it enough they pay for your existence? Why do you require the blood of their sons, instead of merely their confiscated property?

What a jackwagon.

P.S.: How is unconstitutionally killing people in other countries, which Congress has not declared war against, some kind of "pay back for services" you are deluded into thinking are provided by the federal government (aka confiscated property)?

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
So, letting the disabled rot and die, is your idea of the high road?

Maybe pass the buck off to the local churches is the right answer. I can tell you this much, they don't make enough to support people, at least not in mine.

Steeler-gal

The draft ended in 1973. Who cares whether Ted went?

========================
NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
========================
Looking for training by experienced staff?
We are the largest all female only firearms group on the East Coast offering firearms training courses and services provided by our experienced and certified female instructors.
http://www.shecanshoot.com/

Ezerharden

LOL...but you want a law, just in case people don't do what you expect them to. :rolleyes:

Isn't it enough they pay for your existence? Why do you require the blood of their sons, instead of merely their confiscated property?

What a jackwagon.

P.S.: How is unconstitutionally killing people in other countries, which Congress has not declared war against, some kind of "pay back for services" you are deluded into thinking are provided by the federal government (aka confiscated property)?

You know, as a Veteran myself, you are beginning to annoy me. You talk a lot of smack with your 1st Amendment rights about this topic and of course your 2nd Amendment rights, yet downplay the role of those who serve to provide that. No there has not been a "constitutional" war for a long time, however, that does not lessen the fact that these Patriots volunteer to serve. They don't volunteer to serve because they want to go off and fight for another country, or even this .gov's political agenda, but because they believe in the freedoms this country offers and realize that someone has to pay the bill. Oh did I mention I am also a Desert Storm Veteran? Curious, what is your military service background?

ManInBlack

So, letting the disabled rot and die, is your idea of the high road?

Maybe pass the buck off to the local churches is the right answer. I can tell you this much, they don't make enough to support people, at least not in mine.

So...what does that have to do with any justification for the draft? My only point is that you are an extra greedy bastard, because you demand not only that others be forced to pay for your existence, but that their sons be sacrificed for your wet dream of an American IDF. The draft is still wrong and immoral, as a form of slavery, even when a self-sufficient person suggests it.

Please, explain how killing foreigners in undeclared wars around the world somehow protects Americans or their liberties, or in any way represents a payback to the taxpayers who have had their property stolen from them to pay for folks like you.

For extra laughs, tell us again how you support limited, Constitutional government. :rolleyes:

You pretend to have a guiding ideology, but your transitory needs, desires, and fantasies seem to lead you to whatever position seems convenient at the moment. Try intellectual consistency and honesty, for a change.

ManInBlack

You know, as a Veteran myself, you are beginning to annoy me. You talk a lot of smack with your 1st Amendment rights about this topic and of course your 2nd Amendment rights, yet downplay the role of those who serve to provide that. No there has not been a "constitutional" war for a long time, however, that does not lessen the fact that these Patriots volunteer to serve. They don't volunteer to serve because they want to go off and fight for another country, or even this .gov's political agenda, but because they believe in the freedoms this country offers and realize that someone has to pay the bill. Oh did I mention I am also a Desert Storm Veteran? Curious, what is your military service background?

1) No part of your "service" ever provided me, or any other American citizen, any rights. Rights predate government, and are superior to it.
2) If the wars are unconstitutional, they are, by definition, wrong. Anyone who joins the military during an unconstitutional war, or when there is a high likelihood that he will be deployed in the same, knows what he is getting into and is complicit.
3) They "volunteer" to serve because they make an economic calculus that government pay and benefits are worth any additional risks they may incur. I should know, because I performed just such a calculation.
4) Once again, fighting random, unconstitutional wars, simply because our "leader" says so, is not the mark of a free country, but a fascist one. Bombing and killing Iraqis, Afghans, Libyans, or Iranians does not "pay the bill" for my freedom to exercise my rights.
5) I am former Army. However, I realized I had been fed a line of bull, was stupid enough to believe it, but had the courage to admit that I WAS WRONG.

6) Is it really patriotic to volunteer to kill for your country, when your country is not directly threatened? Is that not, essentially, volunteering to kill for your leader(s)?

I encourage everyone to look up "Fuhrerprinzip."

Last edited:

UtahRSO

I have to look at this from another standpoint. I got my draft notice, reported for the physical, and was declared 4F, as I thought I would be. That was somewhere around 50 years ago. At the time I felt pretty unhappy that I was rejected. I remember when the veterans came home from Viet Nam and how some were so badly treated. I respected them then, I respect them now.

OK, looking back at the situation, I'm thankful I missed being in the Viet Nam fiasco. But if I could have, I would have volunteered. I still wish that I could say, "I served."

ManInBlack

No there has not been a "constitutional" war for a long time, however, that does not lessen the fact that these Patriots volunteer to serve.

P.S.: Volunteering for an unconstitutional war is no different from volunteering to burn Bibles, smash up printing presses, or confiscate guns.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I have to look at this from another standpoint. I got my draft notice, reported for the physical, and was declared 4F, as I thought I would be. That was somewhere around 50 years ago. At the time I felt pretty unhappy that I was rejected. I remember when the veterans came home from Viet Nam and how some were so badly treated. I respected them then, I respect them now.

OK, looking back at the situation, I'm thankful I missed being in the Viet Nam fiasco. But if I could have, I would have volunteered. I still wish that I could say, "I served."
And you have every right to feel that way and to "VOLUNTEER for service. What the discussion is about is forced service. As I said before FORCED patriotism is False patriotism. You can't make a person a true patriot, that has to come from the individuals own heart and of their own volition.

stainless1911

Banned
you are an extra greedy bastard, because

Because of an overabundance I suppose?

Last month, I had to get food from my church because there wasnt enough to go around. This month I'll probably have to do it again, because my freind had to give me a ride from the grocery store, things got delayed, and 22 dollars in meat went bad in the trunk on the way home. Thats just enough to really screw me for food, yes, I'm soooo greedy, sitting so fat and sassy on the income stolen from you. Speaking of backs, mine is sore from muscle spasms and tension, nevermind that I had a chiropractors appointment again this morning. Second time this week.

ManInBlack

Because of an overabundance I suppose?

Last month, I had to get food from my church because there wasnt enough to go around. This month I'll probably have to do it again, because my freind had to give me a ride from the grocery store, things got delayed, and 22 dollars in meat went bad in the trunk on the way home. Thats just enough to really screw me for food, yes, I'm soooo greedy, sitting so fat and sassy on the income stolen from you. Speaking of backs, mine is sore from muscle spasms and tension, nevermind that I had a chiropractors appointment again this morning. Second time this week.

Ok, your b****ing and moaning aside, how is a draft, in which other folks' sons are forced, at gunpoint, to fight in unconstitutional wars for interests other than their country or constitution, going to make you feel any better?

Only in your mind, where you play out your IDF fantasies while the rest of us work, and worry what kind of world our children will be forced to live in by dreamers like you.

P.S.: The most recent law enforcement encounter you posted occurred after you had gone to your church to do a little community service, which you probably feel is normal and expected exchange for services rendered. Of course, the obvious difference is that church services are provided by the voluntary generosity of others, while government services are provided by theft of property. Regardless, would it have been right for the police officers you encountered to demand, at gunpoint, that you perform the community service, on threat of being imprisoned if you refused?

P.P.S.: It is disappointing, although predictable, to watch your supposed conservative, small-government principles go completely out the window when it comes to your personal needs, but even more outrageous, to your fantasies about the supposed virtues of military service, regardless of the cause.

Fact: the Waffen SS was one of the most highly-trained, disciplined, patriotic, and courageous military forces of the last 100 years. Still want to tell me that the cause of military action doesn't matter?

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
Baaaahahahahaha. Thats almost too funny.

You call me a freeloader, but when I mention SOME of the issues that keep me broke, you say Im whining. Thats funny. I have a thick skin.

IIRC I have said even in this thread, that Im dont agree with everything the .gov does, but you seem to have conviniently overlooked that point, which is probably amusing several of the audience this evening, seeing that I have a rep for a solid distain for that same .gov. As was said, we haven't had a constitutional war in quite some time. That is a war in which I would fully support our troops and our .gov (if done properly).

I dont support the .gov, but I do support those who serve with their lives, blood sweat and tears despite the shortcomings of our leaders and I do support our country.

If we have a constitutional war in this country, it will prolly be IN this country, and you can bet your @$$ that bad back, a-fib and asthma aside, I will be involved. You'll be able to watch from your screen, I'll be too busy to mess with you in such a case.

griffin

Until you guys got sidetracked, this was about Ted Nugent. Has anyone actually verified this "interview" with the Detroit Free Press in July 1990? I'll bet you a steak dinner anywhere in Michigan (Ruth's Chris, Morton's, wherever) that it's not true. Because the first time I heard about this is was an interview with High Times in 1977. It's even referenced here:

http://www.dangerousminds.net/comments/draft_dodging_republican_hero_ted_nugent_endorses_mitt_romney
http://www.examiner.com/article/romney-supporter-ted-nugent-pedophile-and-draft-dodger-his-own-words

As far as I know this story is bogus, and speculation was High Times printed it (as evil satire?) because Nugent was a vocal anti-marijuana crusader. I think somebody probably changed the media from High Times to the Detroit Free Press to give the story some legitimacy. You know, like those emails you get about viruses that Microsoft has verified as being very dangerous?

Anyone here have any firearms-related stuff to sell? I've got a check drawn on a Nigerian bank I'd like to use to purchase them. It's good, though. I promise!