• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IPSC Practice Shoot in Culpeper VA - June 2nd

DeadCenter

I use to frequent this board very much at one point but have been gone for a while. A couple of years back we use to have IPSC style practice matches at a range in Culpeper VA. Some of the original members started this back up again on the first Saturday of every month. I thought it may be of some interest to those in the area. The site to register on is www.shootnscoreit.com and the event to be searched for will be listed under "Name = CMYI" "Country = United States" and you should see this "CMYI Practical Pistol Practice June 2 IPSC June 2, 2012 June 2, 2012 United States register me
".

The original email I received about the match is below.

Hello Fellow Shooters,

The Cedar Mountain Youths Practical Pistol Practice is now set on Shootn Scoreit and is ready for your registration. http://shootnscoreit.com/

Please note that we have made a couple of changes.

1. We are not going to be able to run the afternoon session. There hasn't been enough shooters interested in shooting in the afternoon to justify keeping the range open for three additional hours. If enough of you express an interest in the PM session we will do it but until then we are going to only run the morning session. We need to have a minimum of 6 shootes to run the afternoon session.

2. Starting with the June practice, in accordance with USPSA guidelines, only calibers 9mm and larger will be permitted.
5.2 Handguns
5.2.1 Handguns are separated by Division, but within the regulations of each Division, the firearms shall not be restricted by action or type. The same conditions for time, distance, and scoring shall apply equally to all.
5.2.2 The minimum caliber for handguns to be used in IPSC competitions is 9mm (.354 inches).
We need to increase the participation for this event. Please encourage your friends and associates to come out and shoot with us!
We'll see you at the match.

Last edited:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've missed you! (Though I've often thought ... I need to call ... and then haven't done so!)

We loved those matches. That's a bad weekend for us; I've volunteered for a gunshow on Saturday and there's an OCDO/VCDL picnic on Sunday.

And the first Saturday of July is during my timeshare week.

Hope to be able to make it in August!