Thread: Criminal use of electronic weapons

Criminal use of electronic weapons

In the past two months I have been told by no less than 15 people that they purchased a Taser on the advice of others as an alternative to a handgun or other firearm... Well folks, for a civilian to employ a Taser you are in fact using Deadly Force, same standard as a Handgun or other Firearm. The outcome for the victim may be less but you will be treated as using Deadly Force under Maine Law.

Paul J. Mattson
    NRA Certified Instructor / RSO
    Maine CWP Training
    101 Main St.
    Harrison, ME 04040

(207) 583-4723
    CELL 232-7063

Lyman, Maine
    I'd certainly rather have a firearm with 16 rounds than a tazer with one shot.

Portland, ME
    I looked into buying a Taser for my mother who despises guns (out of fear, I believe). It was a really nice model, the kind that I've seen a lot of PPD carrying around here. For the $300-$400 they cost though, plus the extra cartridges, I'd rather just buy her a compact pistol and teach her how to shoot. I wonder if the emotional trauma from having to deploy a taser would be any different from discharging your firearm (in a SD situation). Can't say because fortunately, I've never had to do either.
    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

"I knew one thing: as soon as anyone said you didn't need a gun, you'd better take one along that worked."
    Raymond Chandler