• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Barbara Boxer is at it again

Law abider

Sen. Barbara Boxer Looking To Gut Concealed Carry Across America. S. 176 strips away shall-issue provisions in every state.
http://conservative-daily.com/
Please look at this website and pass it on to other state sites in open carry. The above website will fax your petition with a price.
I am going to e mail Ron Johnson to vote a no. I don't know how serious this situation is but knowing Boxer... and that the senate is ruled by those who want to take away our rights I am not going to let this pass.

Your thoughts??:question:

H

Herr Heckler Koch

No action in more than a year.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d112:SN00176:@@@L&summ2=m&

Thomas LOC said:
The Library of Congress > THOMAS Home > Bills, Resolutions > Search Results
Bill Summary & Status
112th Congress (2011 - 2012)
S.176
All Information
S.176
Latest Title: Common Sense Concealed Firearms Permit Act of 2011
Sponsor: Sen Boxer, Barbara [CA] (introduced 1/25/2011) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 1/25/2011 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary.
Jump to: Summary, Major Actions, All Actions, Titles, Cosponsors, Committees, Related Bill Details, Amendments
SUMMARY AS OF:
1/25/2011--Introduced.

Common Sense Concealed Firearms Permit Act of 2011 - Amends the federal criminal code to direct each state that allows its residents to carry concealed firearms to establish a process through which a resident must obtain a permit to carry a concealed firearm. Requires a state to: (1) ensure that a local law enforcement agency participates in the process; and (2) require that an applicant be a legal resident of the United States, be not less than 21 years of age, demonstrate good cause for requesting the permit, and demonstrate that he or she is worthy of the public trust to carry a concealed firearm in public.

Requires any such process that allows an agency other than a law enforcement agency to issue such permits to require: (1) a local law enforcement agency to submit to the agency responsible a written report that describes whether the applicant meets the state's standards to carry a concealed firearm, and (2) the agency responsible to maintain such report in the applicant's file.
MAJOR ACTIONS:

***NONE***
ALL ACTIONS:

1/25/2011:
Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary.

TITLE(S): (italics indicate a title for a portion of a bill)

SHORT TITLE(S) AS INTRODUCED:
Common Sense Concealed Firearms Permit Act of 2011

OFFICIAL TITLE AS INTRODUCED:
A bill to establish minimum standards for States that allow the carrying of concealed firearms.

COSPONSOR(S):

***NONE***
COMMITTEE(S):

Committee/Subcommittee: Activity:
Senate Judiciary Referral, In Committee

RELATED BILL DETAILS:

***NONE***

AMENDMENT(S):

***NONE***

Last edited: