Thread: neew to this site and have a few questions

neew to this site and have a few questions

so i have become aware that open carry is legal here in independence and am also new to it and did my first oc last night with my xd. but i do have to ask if i need a certain holster to carry and also are you allowed to do so in blue springs and lees summit as these are the places i visit most often.

also i would be using the holster that came with my xd as i do not want to carry my sig and also have a thigh holster that would work are these acceptable oc holsters?

For Me To Know and You To Not Find Out, United States
    You will want something with a latch of some sort. Not.just the slide in and out kind of holster. I carry a XDM and I have a galco leather holster that has aa strap that goes over the back of the slide and works fantastic. I have had no incidents in independence.

thank you for the info. I have been oc all day today in indep BS and ls and am using my thigh holster as it is in plain sight and latches I had everything cleared up by a buddy who oc's almost everyday

For Me To Know and You To Not Find Out, United States
    Maybe ill see ya around the independence area some time.
    Good luck

thanks bud. I actually just had my first stop on my second day oc and it went well. I met my sister down off i70 and was stopped by Kcmo and they asked why I was carrying a weapon and responded with it is legal to do so here and the Leo responded with I'm aware its legal but why and he was given my same response and he left it at that