• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

neew to this site and have a few questions

glitch

so i have become aware that open carry is legal here in independence and am also new to it and did my first oc last night with my xd. but i do have to ask if i need a certain holster to carry and also are you allowed to do so in blue springs and lees summit as these are the places i visit most often.

glitch

also i would be using the holster that came with my xd as i do not want to carry my sig and also have a thigh holster that would work are these acceptable oc holsters?

glitch

thank you for the info. I have been oc all day today in indep BS and ls and am using my thigh holster as it is in plain sight and latches I had everything cleared up by a buddy who oc's almost everyday

glitch

thanks bud. I actually just had my first stop on my second day oc and it went well. I met my sister down off i70 and was stopped by Kcmo and they asked why I was carrying a weapon and responded with it is legal to do so here and the Leo responded with I'm aware its legal but why and he was given my same response and he left it at that