• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kennewick, WA Bank of America

twoclones

EEK!! There is an armed "security" person outside of Bank of America in Kennewick, WA behaving like a Wal-mart greeter. He was not 10 steps from the ATMs...

Has this security person been trained in how to properly react to a legally and openly armed customer approaching the ATM?? Or will he panic at the legally armed customer and force an armed confrontation??? Perhaps get someone killed and others injured?

Just how does Bank of America justify this after refusing to do business with gun related companies?

twoclones

Um, you sound like one of the Brady Bunch.

Did you think that over before typing it?
A hired security guard is exactly who the Brady Bunch would prefer be armed at the bank.
And WHY have him there during business hours? Certainly not because that's when most crimes happen at ATMs...

I don't like it and I do not like having an anti-gun bank putting an armed guard outside to watch me at the ATM. :(

decklin

So then why do you do business with an anti-gun bank? Go somewhere else. I have OC'd into a number of credit unions and not a single person has said a word. Plus they don't charge me for the use of my own account.

deanf

And WHY have him there during business hours? Certainly not because that's when most crimes happen at ATMs...

I don't like it and I do not like having an anti-gun bank putting an armed guard outside to watch me at the ATM.

So what are you going to do about it?

FireFighterchen

Activist Member
I'll have to drive over there myself and see if it's true...as they have not had an armed guard there for the past year I have been in the Tri Cities.

jsanchez

Ive been in BofA twice ocing. The first time was Queen Anne in Seattle, and they had a guard. But he went to the bathroom before I entered. I went right by him on the way out, didn't say anything, and that was the first time I ever went in a bank ocing. I stood in line for five minutes with a bunch of other people. No one seemed to care. The second time was in Lynnwood, no guard, but again no one cared. Bank of America seems to abide by state law when it comes to open carry.

Ruby

I went into BofA last month in Newcastle, WA (close to where I live in Renton), I was not OC because of work, and there was an armed guard outside the front entrance. I remember it because it was the first time I had seen an armed guard at one of their banks and it surprised me. Obviously they have stepped up their secuity.

Levi

When I'm in the Philippines, all the security guards are armed and all banks as well as a lot of other businesses have armed doormen.

kparker

BoA corporate has repudiated the claim that they are anti-gun. (I have yet to hear if they have taken any action do discipline or dismiss the local manager who caused the problem.)

amlevin

EEK!! There is an armed "security" person outside of Bank of America in Kennewick, WA behaving like a Wal-mart greeter. He was not 10 steps from the ATMs...

BFD! There's one outside the Canyon Park (Bothell) BoA branch as well. They're only there to protect those ATM users that don't provide for their own security, expecting the Police to protect them.

FWIW, any armed security guard in WA actually has to go through training. How good? Depends on the trainer. Just like with PD's.

Last edited:

GuidoZ

BofA is the armpit of banks. Instead of filling up this space with a wall of rant, just hit up Google for plenty of reasons to ge elsewhere. Those asshats won't learn until it hits them in the pocket book. (That is, as long as they don't receive even more easy money for them to blow on themselves.)

--
Peace. ~G

Last edited:

amzbrady

So which one is it, Columbia center blvd or Kennewick ave? I need to go check my balance.

Edit:

The security is at the BOA on Columbia Center Blvd. I stopped in to check my Balance (Which is not a happy place for me at the moment), and said howdy to him as I put my card in the box. I yacked at him a bit as I entered my info. His shirt was untucked, which is odd for a professional security company, most require tucked to present a proffesional appearance. so I dont know if he was carrying or not. He seamed pleasant enough. I asked if he was enjoying the breeze. He said it felt great considering his first day was the day it hit 93 and he is dressed in all black. I asked him about the shade of the overhang, and he said that was a good thing, because he had shade all day. I then told him that they should put a water fountain out there for him and he laughed and said the first day, he was the water fountain.

So there ya have it. Just another guy doing a job. Not there to harrass open carriers like myself, or others. Having been a security gaurd at one time I know it is just another fakulous mindless monkey job to get by on until you can get a real job, but it is honest work.

Last edited: