Thread: Interaction with restaurant owner

Hybrid View

Interaction with restaurant owner

I typically OC and let the chips fall where they may with business owners.....BUT...
    The wife and I have found a GREAT little local joint that does a real good breakfast and have sorta adopted it as "our" weekend place. I have CCed there every time we went and have not seen any other OCer. But it is getting warm and OC would be more comfortable so I asked the owner if he would mind if I open carried. He sorta scrunched up his face like "Did you really just ask that"? He said "No problem, there are several bunches that come in armed, I don't have a problem with it at all".

I said "Well, your house, your rules. We like it here and I just didn't want to create a situation".

He said "Naw; I actually like it when guys carry in here".

I am really liking the western slope. Went to the Gunnison Gorge the other day and caught 10 rainbows with a fly rod, last week caught norther pike at Rifle Gap, if the weather clears as predicted Thur I'm going to Blue Mesa Res. and try my hand at lake trout, then this fall I'll try elk. WHAT AN AREA!!!

Glad you're liking it and finding everything to be a very pleasant open carry area. We rarely have issues, but even this gives me hope that OC will be normalized in the relative near future. Also, if last year is anything to go by, elk should be pretty prevalent in Colorado this fall.

Would you mind sharing the name of the place you went to eat? I do occasionally get out to your side of the state and would love to give that guy some business.

Quote Originally Posted by ZackL View Post
    Glad you're liking it and finding everything to be a very pleasant open carry area. We rarely have issues, but even this gives me hope that OC will be normalized in the relative near future. Also, if last year is anything to go by, elk should be pretty prevalent in Colorado this fall.
    AND- most the Management Areas here have unlimited over the counter tags so getting a tag is no problem

Would you mind sharing the name of the place you went to eat? I do occasionally get out to your side of the state and would love to give that guy some business.
    http://www.randyssouthsidediner.com/...e/default.aspx Orchard Mesa location is where we go, for breakfast try Randy's South Side Omelet.

I see you're from the eastern flat lands, I was raised in the hills of S Indiana and the 3 years I lived in the Iowa I hated it, need me some "topography". Give me a shout when headed this way, grab a bite at least, if ya got more time, a fishing partner is always welcome.
    Last edited by F350; 05-22-2012 at 11:21 AM.

The owner (Randy) of the restaurant was always a gregarious sort, made all customers feel welcome; but since I asked about OC in his place and started OCing when we go in, we now seem to be buddies. We have been having brief chats when we go in, knows our preference for seating (picked up real fast I always face the door) and during lulls in business he comes over to talk a few seconds and knows knows the boundry between friendly and bothersome. It is almost like dropping by a buddies house for a cup of coffee now.

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    I was raised in the hills of S Indiana...
    What part? I'm originally from the metropolis of Terre Haute, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Sound View Post
    What part? I'm originally from the metropolis of Terre Haute, lol.
    Born in Indianapolis but spent most my time In Bloomington, skinny dipping in the stone quarries, roaming the hills-n-hollers around Brown County, shooting deer...... Good times.

You old enough to remember "Cherry Street"?

Cherry Street?

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    You old enough to remember "Cherry Street"?
    Well, is 47 old enough? Born and raised in TH, but I have not actively lived in Indiana since 1985 and then only in TH. There is a Cherry Street in TH, runs east-west through downtown or is this an Indy / Bloomington thing?