Thread: Another new guy checking in from the Springs

Another new guy checking in from the Springs

Been lurking on here for a while, so I thought I would check in. I just purchased a Ruger P-95 for home & personal defense and plinking & target shooting. I have not OC'ed yet but I may start until I get my CHP. The more I have read about OC, the more it makes sense.

So hello to everyone!

WELCOME!!

I'm out in Rush, but make it in to the Springs once a week or so.. Work in PWest if you are ever down that way

--Rob

Welcome, we have a few Springs folk on the board.
    One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

Welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum. There are pretty regular meets with some good people. Also, glad to see you got a P-95. That was the gun I carried for over a year before upgrading to a 1911 and then the XDm and I loved every second. I almost cried when I passed it along. And one more, I hope that you will consider open carrying even after you've gotten your permit.

As far as OC, I'd recommend at least an introductory class in Colorado law that includes shoot / no shoot scenarios. If you ever have to use the firearm, there are things you probably should be aware of to keep yourself out of a murder charge. (the word KILL should NOT be in your vocabulary :P )

(yes, I know most in this forum probably disagree with me hehe.. )

--Rob
    Last edited by Bellum_Intus; 05-22-2012 at 12:50 AM.

Welcome to the forum!

I think we've got at least four new people on the forum who live in Colorado Springs. It's about time for another Meet and Greet!
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

I think we've got at least four new people on the forum who live in Colorado Springs. It's about time for another Meet and Greet!
    I'm close enough .. =) so yeah, that'd be cool..
    --Rob

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    It's about time for another Meet and Greet!
    Howdy Pard!
    Well.... DUH! I've been saying that for awhile now.
    So, are you gonna do one, or shall I?

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

Quote Originally Posted by Bellum_Intus View Post
    As far as OC, I'd recommend at least an introductory class in Colorado law that includes shoot / no shoot scenarios. If you ever have to use the firearm, there are things you probably should be aware of to keep yourself out of a murder charge. (the word KILL should NOT be in your vocabulary :P )

(yes, I know most in this forum probably disagree with me hehe.. )

--Rob
    Training is NEVER a bad thing. Only when it is mandated by the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
    Training is NEVER a bad thing. Only when it is mandated by the state.
    I agree, I just like to encourage anyone considering open carry get some training. I'd hate to see any of us here hemmed up =)

--Rob

Welcome!

Yeah, sounds like Colorado Springs is making some noise here! Maybe we should host a meet and greet down here? I've never been to one, but I imagine it would be easy enough to assemble the troops! If someone would like to maybe give some suggestions, I would be willing to get something together. Not sure how they work though, so maybe someone else should take the reins for this one?

Welcome to the forum! I've not been here long, but have enjoyed my stay thus far!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by SpringsColt View Post
    Yeah, sounds like Colorado Springs is making some noise here! Maybe we should host a meet and greet down here? I've never been to one, but I imagine it would be easy enough to assemble the troops! If someone would like to maybe give some suggestions, I would be willing to get something together. Not sure how they work though, so maybe someone else should take the reins for this one?
    Oh, it's easy:

1. Pick a time when most of us will be off work. Usually 6 pm is good.

2. Pick a location that's inexpensive, serves a variety of good food, and that's free of known RKBA hassles.

3. Pick a date that's suitable to yourself.

4. Start a new thread with the words "Open Carry Meet N Greet," and append the date, time, and location to the title.

5. In the text, repeat all of that, along with directions to the location if it's difficult to find. Otherwise, just provide the full name and address so we look it up, plug it into our GPS, whatever.

That's all there's to it! Takes as much time to do it as it took me to type our the above.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.