• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another new guy checking in from the Springs

Brown Sound

Been lurking on here for a while, so I thought I would check in. I just purchased a Ruger P-95 for home & personal defense and plinking & target shooting. I have not OC'ed yet but I may start until I get my CHP. The more I have read about OC, the more it makes sense.

So hello to everyone! :cool:

Bellum_Intus

WELCOME!!

I'm out in Rush, but make it in to the Springs once a week or so.. Work in PWest if you are ever down that way

--Rob

ZackL

Welcome to the forum. There are pretty regular meets with some good people. Also, glad to see you got a P-95. That was the gun I carried for over a year before upgrading to a 1911 and then the XDm and I loved every second. I almost cried when I passed it along. And one more, I hope that you will consider open carrying even after you've gotten your permit.

Bellum_Intus

As far as OC, I'd recommend at least an introductory class in Colorado law that includes shoot / no shoot scenarios. If you ever have to use the firearm, there are things you probably should be aware of to keep yourself out of a murder charge. (the word KILL should NOT be in your vocabulary :p )

(yes, I know most in this forum probably disagree with me hehe.. )

--Rob

Last edited:

Kingfish

As far as OC, I'd recommend at least an introductory class in Colorado law that includes shoot / no shoot scenarios. If you ever have to use the firearm, there are things you probably should be aware of to keep yourself out of a murder charge. (the word KILL should NOT be in your vocabulary :p )

(yes, I know most in this forum probably disagree with me hehe.. )

--Rob
Training is NEVER a bad thing. Only when it is mandated by the state.

SpringsColt

Welcome!

Yeah, sounds like Colorado Springs is making some noise here! Maybe we should host a meet and greet down here? I've never been to one, but I imagine it would be easy enough to assemble the troops! If someone would like to maybe give some suggestions, I would be willing to get something together. Not sure how they work though, so maybe someone else should take the reins for this one?

Welcome to the forum! I've not been here long, but have enjoyed my stay thus far!

Cheers!

since9

Campaign Veteran
Yeah, sounds like Colorado Springs is making some noise here! Maybe we should host a meet and greet down here? I've never been to one, but I imagine it would be easy enough to assemble the troops! If someone would like to maybe give some suggestions, I would be willing to get something together. Not sure how they work though, so maybe someone else should take the reins for this one?

Oh, it's easy:

1. Pick a time when most of us will be off work. Usually 6 pm is good.

2. Pick a location that's inexpensive, serves a variety of good food, and that's free of known RKBA hassles.

3. Pick a date that's suitable to yourself.

4. Start a new thread with the words "Open Carry Meet N Greet," and append the date, time, and location to the title.

5. In the text, repeat all of that, along with directions to the location if it's difficult to find. Otherwise, just provide the full name and address so we look it up, plug it into our GPS, whatever.

That's all there's to it! Takes as much time to do it as it took me to type our the above.