Thread: Traveling through SW Oregon / Jordan Valley

Traveling through SW Oregon / Jordan Valley

Hello,

Next week I will be leaving Idaho and driving through the southeast corner of Oregon and into Nevada. I do not plan on making any stops in Oregon.
    Is loaded open carry ok in the vehicle through the towns in this area? I haven't found anything. If anybody has any references either way in any areas I may travel through in Oregon, could you please post a link as well?

Also - in a vehicle, where is a good "open carry" location?

Thank you
    Last edited by BoiseGandB; 05-21-2012 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Southeast not southwest - sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by BoiseGandB View Post
    Hello,

Next week I will be leaving Idaho and driving through the southwest corner of Oregon and into Nevada. I do not plan on making any stops in Oregon.
    Is loaded open carry ok in the vehicle through the towns in this area? I haven't found anything. If anybody has any references either way in any areas I may travel through in Oregon, could you please post a link as well?

Also - in a vehicle, where is a good "open carry" location?

Thank you
    There is nowhere in Eastern OR that is restricted, except maybe parks in Baker, at least that I know of. Also, If you have a ID license to carry, you cannot conceal, but you can OC reguardless of the city regulations. ORS 166.173 is the law you want to read.
    Last edited by hermannr; 05-21-2012 at 10:40 PM.