Thread: greene county ccw wait

greene county ccw wait

This goes out to anyonr who has recieved a ccw in greene county.

How long after your application did you wait to recieve your endorsement?

I did my application 3 weeks ago and still havnt heard anything. Im aware they have 45 days to issue/reject, but i have spoken to a few friends who told me they only waited a little over a week to hear back from the sherrifs office.

Thanks

Almost every person that has made contact with me after class has said 14-18 days. So far very few have waited over 3 weeks to get a permit. But many have noticed an apparent up-tick to the classes and (assumed) permit applications. They may be bogged down a little bit at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter64738 View Post
    Almost every person that has made contact with me after class has said 14-18 days. So far very few have waited over 3 weeks to get a permit. But many have noticed an apparent up-tick to the classes and (assumed) permit applications. They may be bogged down a little bit at the moment.
    I figured much regarding your last statement. Just curious of others experiences.

Thanks for your response.

When I first applied for mine, it took 5 weeks to get it; but that was 5 years ago. A neighbor of mine got his earlier this year, February, and it took 4 weeks.

The renewing is quick, in/out of course after setting the appointment.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Same as Shooter said. I was also told that as November draws near GC and others may see an increase in applications which could slow the process down just a bit. My thought on it is that if you already know it can take 45 days, expect the full 45 days. Then, if you get it back sooner it's like you received a special present by having it come back early.