• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

greene county ccw wait

hazardous0388

This goes out to anyonr who has recieved a ccw in greene county.

How long after your application did you wait to recieve your endorsement?

I did my application 3 weeks ago and still havnt heard anything. Im aware they have 45 days to issue/reject, but i have spoken to a few friends who told me they only waited a little over a week to hear back from the sherrifs office.

Thanks

Shooter64738

Almost every person that has made contact with me after class has said 14-18 days. So far very few have waited over 3 weeks to get a permit. But many have noticed an apparent up-tick to the classes and (assumed) permit applications. They may be bogged down a little bit at the moment.

hazardous0388

Almost every person that has made contact with me after class has said 14-18 days. So far very few have waited over 3 weeks to get a permit. But many have noticed an apparent up-tick to the classes and (assumed) permit applications. They may be bogged down a little bit at the moment.

I figured much regarding your last statement. Just curious of others experiences.

Thanks for your response.

Redbaron007

When I first applied for mine, it took 5 weeks to get it; but that was 5 years ago. A neighbor of mine got his earlier this year, February, and it took 4 weeks.

The renewing is quick, in/out of course after setting the appointment.

REALteach4u

Same as Shooter said. I was also told that as November draws near GC and others may see an increase in applications which could slow the process down just a bit. My thought on it is that if you already know it can take 45 days, expect the full 45 days. Then, if you get it back sooner it's like you received a special present by having it come back early.