• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SW Ohio Meet, Greet, & Eat

Sigger

Cincinnati (Springfield Township), Ohio, USA
We'd be very glad to have fellow OCers from Kentucky & Indiana at this gathering.
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=61616

Meet 'n Greet
Location of event: Grove Picnic Shelter 9158 Winton Rd, Cincinnati, 45231 Hamilton county
Date(s) of event: Saturday June 23, 2012

. . .

This is the semi-occasional SW Ohio Meet, Greet, & Eat. More information on the park can be found here: http://www.springfieldtwp.org/GrovePicnicShelter.cfm. There are picnic tables, sheltered picnic tables and a grill. Bring food for yours + to share. We'll start at 12:00 Noon and must be cleaned up and out by 5:00 PM.

Sigger

Cincinnati (Springfield Township), Ohio, USA
OC is legal in Ohio with no permit/license. As long as it is legal for you to own a gun, you can OC it. But, keep the following in mind:

As soon as you get in/on the vehicle, it is legally concealed. With no Ohio-recognized license, you will need to unload the gun, and the magazines & speed loaders. Concealed carry without a license = felony.

Without an Oh-recognized license, stay out of the bars - or any place that serves alcohol. Places that sell it are ok (e.g. the Kroger that had me arrested for an afternoon), just not if it is served. If you have an Oh-recognized license, then you are ok in bars, etc. as long as you are not drinking.

If you carry concealed and are licensed, you must notify LEOs that you interact with. If you are carrying concealed illegally, you do not have to notify LEOs.

While OC is legal, it isn't always socially acceptable. People will occasionally call the police. I strongly recommend a voice recorder. 99.99% of the time just being nice will defuse any problems.

If you see a gun-buster sign, don't go in armed. I suggest you spend your money elsewhere. There are some signs that read (paraphrased) 'we sell booze, you may be in violation of the law if you come in here armed.' Don't confuse these with no-gun signs. These signs are posted at places that have liquor licenses and have no force of law.