• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Board of Regents

The Big Guy

There is an election coming up and I have written the candidates for Board of Regents in my district to ask them their stand on Campus Carry.
Everyone should do this for those running in your area.

TBG

The Big Guy

Reply from Andrea Anderson, incumbent

Dr Anderson

As a member of the Board of Regents, do you support campus carry of licensed concealed firearms?

Tim,
I do not. I feel it could create a volatile situation as times.
Andrea Anderson

She is in district 12
TBG

Last edited:

varminter22

The only place I know of is the NV Sec of State website:

http://nvsos.gov/index.aspx?page=72

And, unfortunately, it is not complete. Many Senate and Assembly candidates are not listed there. I emailed the SecState days ago, but haven't received a reply.

The Board of Regents candidate list appears incomplete too.

Last edited:

The Big Guy

I am posting from my phone that is why I ask this. Is there a common place to f=ind contacts for them?

I got the names off my sample ballot that came in the mail. I looked each up individually on the web and found an email for all but one.

TBG

SoLasVegas

I have contacted Cedric Crear (incumbent), Lawrence Ita, and Jeff Eggeman regarding their stances on campus carry. I will update if I hear back from any of them.

SoLasVegas

Response from Jeff Eggeman:

I am for the right to bear arms, whether concealed or not. If they are law abiding citizens. If it comes up for vote I will support these rights. Nevada universities are not closed campuses. Safety is a concern. Thank you, Jeff Eggeman.

The Big Guy

Answer from Susan Bunyan.

The following is the answer I just received from Susan Bunyan, candidate for Board of Regents, District 12. (Anohter one bites the dust)

TBG

I abide by the 2nd amendment in support of the right to bear arms - "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." I read this to say that the right to bear arms was intended to make sure the citizens could maintain a militia to protect this country.

I also support the stance of the Nevada Faculty Alliance that the 2nd amendment doesn't grant the right to carry arms on campus and would oppose any legislation that would allow guns on campus.

Susan

The Big Guy

Does she know that guns are already allowed on campus?

Even if one could make an argument that the 2nd amendment is a collective or state right and not an individual right per the 2 recent SCOTUS rulings, the NV Constitution is quite clear and I have informed her of this. As to what she knows? I would say very little. I would say she comes under the catagory of you can't reason with someone who has decided to be unreasonable.

TBG

The Big Guy

Two candidates still have not replied to my question.
Laura Denue and Lonnie "Doc" Hammargren.

TBG

chrsjhnsn

The following is the answer I just received from Susan Bunyan, candidate for Board of Regents, District 12. (Anohter one bites the dust)

TBG

I abide by the 2nd amendment in support of the right to bear arms - "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." I read this to say that the right to bear arms was intended to make sure the citizens could maintain a militia to protect this country.

I also support the stance of the Nevada Faculty Alliance that the 2nd amendment doesn't grant the right to carry arms on campus and would oppose any legislation that would allow guns on campus.

Susan
What a dolt!
These rights are simply enumerated by COTUS, not granted by it! "We are endowed by our Creator" with these rights!
I must presume this imbecile has a degree? This really makes me sick, that those running for office do not know basic American history or relevant SCOTUS decisions pertaining to their votes. My God! I pray she loses, she is barely qualified for flipping burgers.

Kinoons

Does she know that guns are already allowed on campus?

I understand that firearms are only allowed I campus if a peace officer is performing his duties, or if you have written permission from the university president (which I expect has never been granted). So how do you figure that firearms are allowed on campus?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Yes, I was referring to the exceptions, which she did not acknowledge.

Think about it, who is a University President? Some administrator schmuck with a better idea of who gets to carry a firearm than a state-certified firearms instructor. I guess his oversight makes us all safer.

This "permission" has been granted at least once. It was granted to Amanda Collins, a CCW permit holder who was denied her right to be armed until AFTER she was raped on the campus of UNR. Her thus-unimpeded rapist went on to rape two more and murder one of them.

http://www.girlsheartguns.com/?p=867

Last edited:

Lostlittlerobot

Better know your cut throats!

Say what you will. I watch john Stuart. I like Steven Colbert. Their shows are comedic, and show us what we might be missing. I disagree ofteen with what they say...with what is said on this site....

Better know, input by our throats...

Good job. But remember we help our new peeps when we chime in.

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
I read this to say that the right to bear arms was intended to make sure the citizens could maintain a militia to protect this country.

Write her back and tell her that the USSC disagrees with her reading, and ask if she would like to learn more.

Rule 1 when dealing with someone opposed to your rights: If possible, CONVERT them!