• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New London Ordinance 14-11 that Banned Concealed Carry is History

KIX

Really, we wan to go there?

1. The ordinance Scott worked on was labeled as such (and was OC friendly):

Sec. 14-11. Carrying of weapons, discharge of firearms.

No person shall carry any weapon or discharge any firearm within city limits, unless specifically authorized within the limitations and provisions of an active permit from the State of Connecticut, or as otherwise authorized by law.

The amendment he was pushing for had no impact on citizens rights against any form of legal carry.

Furthermore, you are dead wrong about not having any issues in New Britain. We have another thread that is just from Memorial Day last week where we have an individual that was ticketed for OC in New Britain. As a 100 percent OC individual, I haven't had an issue...... yet. When it does, it does, but I still carry 100 percent legal in New Britain.

I want to use similar language in New Britain, sometimes, a career politician sneaks something in that wasn't intended (and I'm not saying this is happening here, I'm saying this based on my work at the legislature).

All being said, the attack is silly at best.

Jonathan

romma

Sec. 14-11. - Carrying concealed weapons, discharging firearms.
No person shall carry any concealed weapon in said city nor shall any person discharge any species of firearms in any street of said city, without authority of the council.
(Ord. of 3-5-45, § 9)

Why would you want to remove a unique, & what "could be" interrupted as safe haven clause for open carry, based on that ordinance. You need to stay away, from new Britain you Idiot. It give’s an OC’er confidence that if illegally detained, that town ordinance helps limit qualified immunity. There was 2 unique area’s, not any more. There not enforcing it, it’s a mute point, ace in the pocket for OC, it says you cant conceal, You know this is an OPEN CARRY Thread, right??? Stay away from New Britain’s, ordinance, it appears you have idle hand’s. Why don’t you try getting some case law on the books, lobby all those supposed member’s you have that only signed there name one time, at some hearing, and don’t ever have anything to do with you, and get them to give you some money to take on a case. You’re an Idiot, & now a thorn in the side of open carry.
Stay out of New Britain you Tard.​

First off, you should have your posting privileges revoked for personally insulting me. However, I am a big boy and can deal with your claptrap nonsense.

Secondly, I did not write or help write any ordinance that bans concealed carry in New London. I and the organization that I am a part of stands for all lawful form of carry. Are you against citizens that wish to conceal their firearms? If so, you are exactly like the people opposed to open carry but from another direction. This is my one and only word to you, based on your apparent diminished intellectual capacity. I feel sorry for you, that you would want to mandate gun owners MUST open carry and not have a choice to carry as they wish.

Rich B

Furthermore, you are dead wrong about not having any issues in New Britain. We have another thread that is just from Memorial Day last week where we have an individual that was ticketed for OC in New Britain. As a 100 percent OC individual, I haven't had an issue...... yet. When it does, it does, but I still carry 100 percent legal in New Britain.

FYI - You might want to check the OP of that thread.