• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

People need to see we are still here.

Joshua Costa

Activist Member
I think we should give the public hope that there are some people in the state that have a fighting spirit in their blood and are still working to keep the right to carry firearms alive for Californians.

It would be a great thing if the OC community began openly carrying locked and unloaded handguns.

How is this possible? We need to unite. We need to look the same. We need to act the same. We need to speak with a unified voice.

We need to gather up our local groups and begin meeting up regularly. Maybe we can have something unique that we all carry our handguns in. Something that makes it clear that we are carrying a firearm.

The more the bad guys know that they might have to face an armed citizen the safer we will be. They are not going stop and neither should we.

The point is not to always carry in this more visible fashion but to get together regularly and show support for this form of personal defense.

Also, I freaking miss you guys. Lets get some coffee!

For the Republic! For Liberty!

Yaki

Great post. I have thought about that same idea of how to let people know you believe in self protection. As crazy as it sounds i thought of the holster with no weapon ( i know i know) as a protest for lack of a better word.
I live in this fishbowl called Salinas so wish you Southerners the best.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
I havent been deprived of my handgun. I continue to bring it with me in compliance of the law as I have described in a fair amount of detail. And I have made similar suggestions which were met with mixed reviews.

There is nothing keeping people from continuing to gather for 1st amendment purposes while LUCCing a handgun in public, other than their own self-defeat and battered gun-owners syndrome.

Save Our State

I havent been deprived of my handgun. I continue to bring it with me in compliance of the law as I have described in a fair amount of detail. And I have made similar suggestions which were met with mixed reviews.

There is nothing keeping people from continuing to gather for 1st amendment purposes while LUCCing a handgun in public, other than their own self-defeat and battered gun-owners syndrome.

well, there is battered wallet syndrome too

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
As previously stated....

Since the event "Long gun open carry" many months ago where 25 or so open carriers arrived at the beach to terrify local beach goers with our antics. No other event has been promulgated since portantinos ban on UOC handguns took effect. Plenty of reasons of how using various exemptions to allow us to regain our UOC state but no real workable solutions forthcoming. I realize that Long gun open carry as an alternative does not sit well with the hardened handgun UOCers but that is the only real workable option if done correctly and in legal areas and by singular or small groups of people, could keep UOC on the forefront, we all know the Long Guns are due to be banned, and all the sheriff's will be forced to become shall issue (yep.....right) but unless we daily carry legally the UOC movement will come to a grinding halt and the years of activism was for what.......nothing? Carry 'em while you've still got 'em and until the total ban comes into law......"Carry On" I still carry my AR or shotgun daily with no hassles from PD and will continue until further notice. I do not get too many guestions while long gun UOCing as opposed to many interactions with "Joe public" while UOCing my handguns mostly were good a few antis hated me but you can only please some of the people most of the time

Last edited: