Thread: OC at the Capitol

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

OC at the Capitol

The good news is no one said anything about my gun....but one cop got his feelings hurt when he objected to me videoing the Supreme court building,

He radioed the Guard House and I had a shadow about 50 yards away while I videoed the Capitol and another one was unhappy that I wanted a cite to a non existent law and yeah, I recorded it. He was especially unhappy when he said 9/11 had changed everything and I said "Only for idiots"!

Then they left me alone to film the Governors/AG's office and the Department of Transportation.

So much for the "Peoples House"....off season.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    The good news is no one said anything about my gun....but one cop got his feelings hurt when he objected to me videoing the Supreme court building,

He radioed the Guard House and I had a shadow about 50 yards away while I videoed the Capitol and another one was unhappy that I wanted a cite to a non existent law and yeah, I recorded it. He was especially unhappy when he said 9/11 had changed everything and I said "Only for idiots"!

Then they left me alone to film the Governors/AG's office and the Department of Transportation.

That's awesome! You scored on several big issues!

Hmm, so the guard told you that there was a law, when there was not. At grave risk: I sure am glad these law enforcement officers are so well trained as to know when they are under oath, and when they are allowed to lie...

At least that is what we have been assured of, over and over and over again...

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Hmm, so the guard told you that there was a law, when there was not. At grave risk: I sure am glad these law enforcement officers are so well trained as to know when they are under oath, and when they are allowed to lie...

At least that is what we have been assured of, over and over and over again...

TFred

I'll file the usual complaints tomorrow after I check with DGS.

After spending some time there, I can't understand why I make fun of city people.

Last edited by peter nap; 05-22-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    --snip--
    Presume your picture and file has slipped down the list in the last few months.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Presume your picture and file has slipped down the list in the last few months.
    I expect I'll be back in the top 10 tomorrow.

I expect I'll be back in the top 10 tomorrow.
    lol
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

He was especially unhappy when he said 9/11 had changed everything and I said "Only for idiots"!
    I've read and heard, too many times, LEOs and "civilians" using the old "9/11 changed everything" bit. Your response was, by far, the best response yet!

This reminds me of the time the near deaf videographer was detained in Baltimore, MD for recording trains have. If he would said what you did, he would have been locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by carsontech View Post
    I've read and heard, too many times, LEOs and "civilians" using the old "9/11 changed everything" bit. Your response was, by far, the best response yet!

This reminds me of the time the near deaf videographer was detained in Baltimore, MD for recording trains have. If he would said what you did, he would have been locked up.
    I've been on my good behavior lately!

I was tired of the 9/11 BS on 9/12
    Last edited by peter nap; 05-23-2012 at 08:02 AM.

I've been on my good behavior lately!
    Ha!
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by carsontech View Post

Locked up if he was extremely lucky.....it is Baltimore after all.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

You stopped the video recording before we could watch the reaction of those two ladies as they passed by.

I had no idea the 9/11 terrorists took the planes with assault video cameras, or even used video cameras to plan their attacks.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    You stopped the video recording before we could watch the reaction of those two ladies as they passed by.

I had no idea the 9/11 terrorists took the planes with assault video cameras, or even used video cameras to plan their attacks.
    We are a crafty bunch. Just imagine what could be done with a loose leaf notebook and some stolen lottery pencils

We are a crafty bunch. Just imagine what could be done with a loose leaf notebook and some stolen lottery pencils
    Sounds a little sketchy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Sounds a little sketchy to me.
    Bill Cosby said his father once killed a Grizzly bear with his!

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Bill_Cosby

I once asked my father for a dollar for the school picnic. He told me how he once killed a grizzly bear with his loose-leaf notebook.
    Last edited by peter nap; 05-23-2012 at 05:08 PM.