• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"there is a maturity to knowing when you shouldn't carry" -self proclaimed instructor

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
This viewpoint is the newly evolving extreme, and as such it will probably go through a lot of evolution in the coming decades of the CCW era.

I believe you should leave your gun in the car whenever --

- you go to church

- weddings

- funerals

- federal buildings

- state govt buildings

- courts

- police stations

- visiting another family's home for dinner

- family reunions

- banks

- bars

- workplace

Need I say more?

I carry in every place listed above except those not allowed by law or posted.

As for churches, we have concealed carry classes IN church. I have had literally hundreds of church members attend concealed carry class in their church and now have their CWL. Even Pastors carry, some wear their gun openly.

As for the other places you listed....yep...bad guys NEVER take a gun into banks, bars, workplaces, other peoples homes (can you say "Home Invasion"?) or to funerals or weddings. Every place you listed has had criminals take their guns to and kill many people.

scott58dh

Notice; 21st Century has arrived !!!

I agree 100% There is NO need whatsoever to carry in a church. Churches are places of sanctuary where nothing bad ever happens.

I CC @ church, strategically located near entrance & am aware of surroundings, even during prayer, hymns & Communion.

God knows my heart is there to worship and is my Final Judge, but I don't have a * Bulls Eye * on my back if something should begin to transpire that I see as a threat to those I Love and care deeply about in the Sanctuary.

My opinion on this issue is strictly a matter of personal choice and I am in No way encouraging or attempting to Force my views upon Anyone who is uncomfortable with how I see it to be.

Not open to discussion or debate, this is just the facts that I'm more than satisfied to live with.

Peace & RKBA 4Ever ! :cool:

TyGuy

scott, if you saw my other posts you would know that I was being sarcastic there. Of course bad things happen in church.

My pastor knows how I roll.

scott58dh

scott, if you saw my other posts you would know that I was being sarcastic there. Of course bad things happen in church.

My pastor knows how I roll.

Sorry for that oversight, I knew you were, just kinda 4got to state the obvious @ 02:30 +/-.

Keep Rolling !!! ;<)

Last edited:

protias

I know when I shouldn't carry. That would be in the shower. I just don't feel like cleaning my firearm for an hour every single day. Otherwise, I will have one on me or near me when I can legally carry.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

I know when I shouldn't carry. That would be in the shower. I just don't feel like cleaning my firearm for an hour every single day. Otherwise, I will have one on me or near me when I can legally carry.
Ho ho ho. The Navy used to teach (before The Army of One) that you could wash it as fast as you want as long as you are alone. But an "hour"?

M

McX

today is a simply lovely day out, and i have many stops to make, and many errands to run, so i shall maturely open carry the day through. thusly spoken.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Ho ho ho. The Navy used to teach (before The Army of One) that you could wash it as fast as you want as long as you are alone. But an "hour"?

LOL! I don't know about you Herr, but back in the day on board those little black tubes of comfort we were only allowed 3 minutes of running water in the shower and that shower head had a flow rate of about 1 gallon a minute. Clean!? :confused: Nah! LOL.

I wear my G36 whenever I legally am able.

Carry On! :lol:

MKEgal

protias said:
I just don't feel like cleaning my firearm for an hour every single day.
Then you're obviously not a [strike]crazy[/strike] dedicated enough gun owner. :rolleyes:
Either that or you're really slow or OCD about it.

As for the latest troll, who seems to be an incarnation of someone who was previously banned at least once...
(Not that that would ever happen, would it?)
troll said:
the heathen unsanctity of bringing a gun into a church
The "unsanctity" is not in the object, it's in the intent.
My carrying a self-defense tool is neither profane nor sacred. It simply is.
(If anything, the argument could be made that protection of people is a sacred duty.)
A criminal intent on mass murder is profane even if he's not carrying anything.
Strike 1.

troll said:
our forefathers did not bring guns to church, to weddings, or to funerals
Except that they did.
Strike 2.

troll said:
Concealed carry is the thing that is and always was prohibited in the national forest and BLM lands.
Except that it isn't.
Strike 3. Goodbye.

Shoobee

I carry in every place listed above except those not allowed by law or posted.

As for churches, we have concealed carry classes IN church. I have had literally hundreds of church members attend concealed carry class in their church and now have their CWL. Even Pastors carry, some wear their gun openly.

As for the other places you listed....yep...bad guys NEVER take a gun into banks, bars, workplaces, other peoples homes (can you say "Home Invasion"?) or to funerals or weddings. Every place you listed has had criminals take their guns to and kill many people.

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack

Last edited by a moderator:
M

McX

i love grammas. i love everybody's gramma, and they love me;

at the 'greens, cause the milk is cheap. in line, 100 lbs of gramma behind me, peers over her cart at me, and the conversation starts:

gramma; (jokingly); you have a gun you scare me.
me; thank you, that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me all day.
gramma; they go after young children today
me; things are only getting worse, they go after anybody.............they dont come after me.
smiles exchanged, and on i go...............................

carry on, carry often, carry out

PS: John, kid saw your hulking butt, and your cannon in tow at the kingly burger today.

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
What I do not know is whether you just have an OCD or full blown paranoia.

Why you are on an open carry forum deriding those that open or conceal carry their firearm? What's paranoid about exercising a God given right protected by the Constitution of the U.S. and for us here in Wisconsin the Wisconsin Constitution?

There have been several times in my life (more than five) that I'm glad I had my gun on me. If I had taken the advice of someone like you and left it behind in all those "safe" places you mentioned I most likely would have been killed many years ago or at the least severely injured by criminals.

"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder!" No doubt.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
So, shoobee was serious with that list??

Wow, I thought he was being sarcastic and/or repeating some liberal progressive touchy feely huggy emotional spewage.

Shoobee, WTF are you doing in this 2A forum? Are you here to tell others how and where they should be allowed to exercise their rights, instead of how they see fit?

Interceptor_Knight

This viewpoint is the newly evolving extreme, and as such it will probably go through a lot of evolution in the coming decades of the CCW era.

I believe you should leave your gun in the car ...
Need I say more?
Why are you even here? The purpose of this site is not to discuss the merits of Open Carry or to debate whether or not you should. It is to support and to advocate the Open Carry of firearms everywhere. It is to normalize the carry of firearms in society. Please go to another site if you wish to speak out against the carry of firearms in Church, etc...

XDFDE45

I believe you should leave your gun in the car whenever --

- you go to church
In case you've been living in a cave for the last several years.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/14817480/detail.html

raisedeyebrow.gif