• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"there is a maturity to knowing when you shouldn't carry" -self proclaimed instructor

bmwguy11

"there is a maturity to knowing when you shouldn't carry" -self proclaimed instructor

Seriously check this out. This guy in the comments section. The comments by "Gary Trew".

http://www.postcrescent.com/comment...027/Editorial-Clerks-should-control-over-guns

He's a "firearms instructor" and believes that a "person mature enough to carry a gun should understand when not to carry it". For example, churches and polling places he says there is no reason to carry there. lol

Last edited:

ManInBlack

LOL when I voted in our primaries on the 15th, I carried in my polling place...which is also a church!!! :banana:

This is the third or fourth time I've done so since living here. It's been different poll volunteers every time (trending elderly), but none have ever had a problem with my weapon. Once, while my back was turned and I was filling out the ballot, I overheard one of the younger shrews say, "Ugh, look, he brought his gun!" I just finished my selections, turned around, gave her a big ol' smile, stuck my "I Voted" sticker on my holster, and walked out the door.

374757_770070964479_2801489_37776161_875349279_n.jpg

H

Herr Heckler Koch

madison.com said:
GAB attorney Mike Haas wrote in a memo he prepared for Tuesday's board meeting that elections appear to qualify as special events under the law, ...
Wisc. Stats said:
§ 943.13(1e)(h) “Special event” means an event that is open to the public, ...
Non-starter. Many members of the public are disenfranchised, "illegals", foreign visitors, disbarred felons, and minors.

Firearms Iinstuctor

The only places one shouldn't carry is where the law will not allow it.

Then most of those places the law should be changed to allow carry.

I carry at church and my polling place.

And I have been a firearms instructor for a long time.

PistolPackingMomma

Seriously check this out. This guy in the comments section. The comments by "Gary Trew".

http://www.postcrescent.com/comment...027/Editorial-Clerks-should-control-over-guns

He's a "firearms instructor" and believes that a "person mature enough to carry a gun should understand when not to carry it". For example, churches and polling places he says there is no reason to carry there. lol

Riiiight, because no one has ever needed a gun at one of those places before :rolleyes:

Pyro01

Unfortunately my polling place has had guns and weapons banned from the premise, I'd carry to the polling place too were it allowed. That's what i get for living in Menomonie, tons of hunting land and three stores in my city sell guns, but they're barred from practically every government building. I blame the mayor and the city council.

TyGuy

I agree 100% There is NO need whatsoever to carry in a church. Churches are places of sanctuary where nothing bad ever happens.

bmwguy11

I agree 100% There is NO need whatsoever to carry in a church. Churches are places of sanctuary where nothing bad ever happens.

No no you have it wrong. HIS church there is no need to carry. As he said, if he felt his church were not safe, he'd just find a different church.

Shoobee

The only places one shouldn't carry is where the law will not allow it.

Then most of those places the law should be changed to allow carry.

I carry at church and my polling place.

And I have been a firearms instructor for a long time.

This viewpoint is the newly evolving extreme, and as such it will probably go through a lot of evolution in the coming decades of the CCW era.

I believe you should leave your gun in the car whenever --

- you go to church

- weddings

- funerals

- federal buildings

- state govt buildings

- courts

- police stations

- visiting another family's home for dinner

- family reunions

- banks

- bars

- workplace

Need I say more?

TyGuy

He can see into the future and confidently predict that his church will never have a madman enter it with ill intent? Can he come pick some lotto numbers for me?

Shoobee

There was a shooting in a midwestern church not too long ago.

But that does not justify the heathen unsanctity of bringing a gun into a church.

This was also the code of the west, when everyone was open-carry loaded and CCW as a backup to open carry.

TyGuy

To me the ONLY places you should be restricted from defending yourself is in secure locations with on site police / armed security presense, although I still realize that they have no duty to protect me.

If it is a building with limited access points that require people to pass through metal detectors and there are on site armed personnel to quickly react to a criminal then I am ok with not carrying. Examples include - inside the state capital (at least in IL), inside of court buildings, the secure area of an airport, etc... Things that are NOT included, i.e. I should be able to carry, are schools, churches, polling places, etc...

Unless you are going to take the responsibility of trying to prevent armed people from entering and providing personnel to respond to the situation then I should be able to protect myself.

TyGuy

ManInBlack

This viewpoint is the newly evolving extreme, and as such it will probably go through a lot of evolution in the coming decades of the CCW era.

I believe you should leave your gun in the car whenever --

- you go to church

- weddings

- funerals

- federal buildings

- state govt buildings

- courts

- police stations

- visiting another family's home for dinner

- family reunions

- banks

- bars

- workplace

Need I say more?

Yeah, please say why you support only allowing criminals to carry in those places?

I can't tell if you're trolling, or legitimately short a few brain cells.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

This viewpoint is the newly evolving extreme,
Male Bovine feces! Barry Goldwater taught the value of this extant extremism in 1998 when I was 50 y.o. and three years retired.