• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GALCO No Longer Making the FX Suede Lined Holster!

Mark 1911

Every once in a while even a great company like GALCO makes a move that is totally incomprehensible. They have stopped making the FX hoslter!! TRAGIC!!!

https://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPT3.asp?ProductID=2947&CatalogID=4

I like the GALCO FX suede lined holster because it is secure and comfortable, and can carry a 1911 in Condition 1 with the thumb break strap between the cocked hammer and the slide. It's a finely crafted piece of leather, lasts forever, very smooth, and doesn't shift on your belt. I have had a black FX for my Colt government 1911 for 10 years now and it practically looks new. It's had a LOT of use.

I was on the GALCO website the other day looking to purchase another FX Suede Lined Holster for my Kimber Custom Stainless. The only ones they had available were for some Glock models. So I emailed customer service and asked the following question:

Did you stop making the FX holster for Colt / Kimber 1911s? Your online catalog is showing that the FX holster is only available for Glock models 17, 22, 26, 27, 31 and 33. I hope this is just a glitch on your website.

Here's the response I received back from GALCO today:
Thank you for your e-mail. Yes we have stop producing the FX suede lined holster, we no longer have any for the 1911’s as what we had left in inventory sold out and what we have left are for the Glock models. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate in contacting us.

Customer Service
Galco International
1-800-874-2526
CustomerService@GalcoGunleather.com

I can't believe it. This is one of the finest holsters out there. What the heck are they thinking?

You can probably find these online until everyone's inventories are gone. Then they are history. Anyone who has one of these knows what a great holster this is.

Last edited: