• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Zombie Attack. Where would you go?

SpringsColt

Okay guys, so in the event of a full blown Zombie attack, where would you make your retreat? I know that time of year plays into it significantly, but where would you say is the safest place to get out of dodge? I know I have my plans, but just want to see what everyone else is thinking?

Let it fly!

Cheers!

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I am going to commandeer a Walmart with a core group of people for a few reasons.

-food, water and shelter
- ammuntion and access to additional firearms (if my 30+ aren't enough)
- tools
- clothing
- enough junk to make fortifications
- roof provides a high ground for repelling zombie assaults

I could pack up everything and be at Walmart in less than 10 minutes. I would let people in if they had a useful skill. For example, I would let fat people in to be bait while setting zombie traps.

this thread should be moved out so everyone can post.

heres my SHTF to do list when it happens

1. cabelas about 5 miles from my house i will be there grabbing alot of ammo and maybe a few rifles.
2. im going to jump in my truck go to my x house and grab my son
3. i will be looking for a factory type setting to bunker down in. only because some factorys have 2 storys where i can set all sorts of traps.
4. food i will send a few family members with there rifles to a store for can goods only. hoping they take my truck they can drive it threw the door of the store and load up
5. im going to wait it out until the food is gone and i feel the time is right im going to leave the place im staying and look for safe grounds

SpringsColt

Zombie Food

But don't you think that every Swinging Johnson will be making their way to the Wal-Mart/Cabella's/Sportsman's Warehouse "Supply Houses" to do the exact same thing you would like to? I think you need to be ready to head for high ground before anything happens. Maybe once you get out of Dodge, you can resupply, but I think that 2/3rd's of the population will be finished in the parking lots of Wal-Mart or the Sporting Goods spots. There will people who get there first, then you're going to be judged on your Zombie appeal...

Me, I'm heading to the Ex's as well, she can come with if she wants to, daughter and I are heading as high into the mountains as we can get on the back roads, [I'm thinking that major roads will be just as hazardous as the store parking lots....one team of Zombies could fell a tree across a road...take you out from there.] I have the supplies needed right now to get out and stay out for as long as needed. Ideally I run into like minded folks, form a Zombie Response Team, and rebuild this great country!

Cheers!

Beau

For those of you that love the rules:

(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.

I would hate for someone to get a trespassing charge for ignoring a posted rule.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
For those of you that love the rules:

I would hate for someone to get a trespassing charge for ignoring a posted rule.

Okay you got a point, I will request that it gets moved to the Social Lounge, now stop your crying :)

since9

Campaign Veteran
But don't you think that every Swinging Johnson will be making their way to the Wal-Mart/Cabella's/Sportsman's Warehouse "Supply Houses" to do the exact same thing you would like to?

Yep. That's the LAST place I'd want to be. If I were there at the time, I'd leave in a big hurry, before I found myself caught dead there.

I think that 2/3rd's of the population will be finished in the parking lots of Wal-Mart or the Sporting Goods spots.

Exactly.

Me, I'm heading to the Ex's as well, she can come with if she wants to, daughter and I are heading as high into the mountains as we can get...

Depends on the weather conditions. If I had a defensible cabin hidden away up there, well-stocked with food, water, and wood, I wouldn't hesitate to skedaddle. Camping in the winter, however, sucks. There's something to be said for safety in numbers, and the apartment complex in which I live is full of veterans -- some active duty, some retired, many who've simply served at one time or another.

Ideally I run into like minded folks, form a Zombie Response Team, and rebuild this great country!

Many of my neighbors are like-minded. I might just hole up here.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Me, I have a small 36 acre property out here.. I'd say I bug in.. =)

--Rob

Lol, let me know if you need someone with a month's worth of groceries to take swings or mids on watch. Can't stay awake 24/7...

This is one of the reasons behind my safety in numbers approach. That and the fact one of my non-carrying neighbors recently joked, "You shoot 'em, we'll bury 'em."

Bellum_Intus

Lol, let me know if you need someone with a month's worth of groceries to take swings or mids on watch. Can't stay awake 24/7...

This is one of the reasons behind my safety in numbers approach. That and the fact one of my non-carrying neighbors recently joked, "You shoot 'em, we'll bury 'em."

haha!! Actually looking for a small group.. not that i'm paranoid, just like being prepared..

I'm about an hour outside of COS with a few ways out here. (2 of which are 100% back roads)

--Rob

good thinking on joining up, me im pretty much screwed if i cant get ahold of rifles, my two hand guns and compound bow are not what i want to count on for saving me. as for the ex shes a b word so i wont invite her with but i will leave with my son. i will have to prep myself to do whatever it takes. but what are the stats that this would even ever happen. i know being prepped is always a good think i have a week of food stored for my family.

i see nothing wrong with playing the game, hell it might even be fun lol, scarry but fun.

ZackL

I'm an avid prepper. Don't have a lot, or enough money for a lot, but I do have ammo, food and livestock (rabbits work anywhere). I'm bugging in. Have several rifles. Clear views for about 1/3 of a mile or more and I'm on a hill. The only issue I have as of now is water. I have some, but not a ton. My only issue is that I would have travel 250 miles round trip to round up a few stragglers of my family. That would be interesting, but I guess that's what they make trucks for.

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
I'd pack up all my guns, including my Judge, the 1911, the .40 Ruger, my XDM-.40, the wife's Px4 Storm .9mm and her little .380 (head shots with that being the last option I'd rely on) and all the ammo on hand and bug out to Buckly AFB. They have lots more guns, and plenty of airmen to guard the place, and plenty of fences, and fighter jets, and heavy artillery, and lots of rifles, and it is only a mile from here. If they deny access to citizens trying to avoid zombies (something I'd find tough to believe given such circumstances, especially when it gives them one more person who can shoot zombies) I'd continue eastward to Wild Horse and hold up there. Nobody goes to Wild Horse.

The thing I believe one might consider avoiding is crowds. Zombies will go to where food supply is plentiful. Why chase two people, capable of terminating plenty of zombies, when they can flood into cities where lots and lots of folks are readily available for consumption. They'd do well in City and County of Denver, where the likelihood of being terminated is not so great, or Boulder where it is darn near unheard of! They could munch to their heart's content, and enjoy little resistence. In Wild Horse, there are few people, hence few zombies. What few there might be can be taken out in fairly short order. After that, hunkering down would be fairly easy until a plan can be devised.

Let the zombies take out those who have no means of defense first, reducing the number of folks competing for WalMarts and similar places where they are apt to seek refuge, and after those locations have been cleared of living humans, seek to hit them so as to restock food and ammo while moving to a new location.

Wild Horse also has the advantages of being far from large population centers, and can be reached on back roads. Scant population out that way would equal few zombies to contend with.

Just my .02

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

SpringsColt

Howdy Folks!
I'd pack up all my guns, including my Judge, the 1911, the .40 Ruger, my XDM-.40, the wife's Px4 Storm .9mm and her little .380 (head shots with that being the last option I'd rely on) and all the ammo on hand and bug out to Buckly AFB.

Good call, unless the Military gets infested with Zombies first!

I'm thinking there are enough summer cabins in the hills where you could find an unoccupied spot, or one tended by like minders. I think it's going to be about what skills and supplies you bring to the table. There's always going to be someone out there with a bigger gun: but if you can diagnose illness, and can give herbal remedies for such...makes you more valuable. That's just one example...

Get ready people. The time to prepare is when there's time to prepare. Like now.

Cheers.

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!

Good call, unless the Military gets infested with Zombies first!

what skills and supplies you bring to the table.
Cheers.

Howdy Colt!
The thing about the military, they'd be best prepared to eliminate zombies in the midst pretty handily.
Quickly negate the threat in their midst, then defend the base from those that'll show up on their perimeter.

Skills? Why.... I have a few skills! My wife is huge on herbal remedies, and she can shoot.
Me? I have a degree in sports medicine, and I can shoot pretty good myself!
Throw in some training (being a bounty hunter - hence have some tactical experience) and can throw in a fairly substantial number of swords (kind of a last resort weapon, but decap works well on zombies! and swords don't need to be reloaded!!!!) have first responder experience and CPR in my background; I think I'd be an asset to a team in a defensive standoff. As a driver, it is what I have done for more than 8 years as a professional driver. My Jeep can take us where we need to go, roads or no roads!

Then again, Custer thought he was pretty good too!

Never underestimate the determination of a zombie horde!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin