• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Zombie Attack. Where would you go?

Shoobee

Shelter in place. :)

If you could shelter in place, this would always be a good first response.

In some places, like those close to a nuclear power plant complex, such as in Phoenix, they cannot shelter in place, because it is only a matter of time before that whole metroplex goes chernoble.

In that case you would need to pre-plan your escape direction.

Most people in the arid parts of Souther Calif, Ariz, or NM would need to head northeast, to the verdent forest lands of the Sierra, Utah, or Colorado.

So you might get quite a bit of company, where you are, in Colorado.

Finding enough gasoline to get to Colorado is going to be the hardest part though.

Unless people are storing gasoline too, which does not store well, and tends to separate within about 6 months of storage time.

I myself always keep my gas tank 3/4th full, which is enough to get me to my hunting grounds in the Sierra, about 3 hours away.

There are natural springs there with enough water percolating out of the USFS grounds for drinking, at least.

I am worried that the public lands will be flooded with people fleeing zombies in the cities however.

Which means it would be open season on the zombie cridders themselves.

I wonder how they would taste?

I wonder how long you need to age them first? Probably about a week huh?

Thank heavens for body fat. I can probably last for about 1 month without eating. But drinking and sleeping you need to do every day or you will die. So fresh water is the most important thing.

I will worry about curing zombie meat later.

Last edited:

Jack House

Where will I go? First thing I'd do, is remove all the non-essential items from my Jeep. Then head to the nearest car audio store, steal a couple badass subs and jack them into my badass amps. Then go straight for the ammo, load up the Jeep to the brim and head straight for the mall. That's where all the zombies will be. Americans love the malls, even when they're undead. That's what Hollywood has taught me. I think you can figure out what happens next.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I'm Pro-Zombie !~ I would join them. They seems to have a well ordered society without any designated "leader". A utopian society.

Now, give me your brains!

Jack House

I'm Pro-Zombie !~ I would join them. They seems to have a well ordered society without any designated "leader". A utopian society.

Now, give me your brains!
*shoots David in the head* No, I stole these brains from a hobo, they're mine now, I tell you. MINE!

Freedom1Man

Are we talking about mythical movie zombies or a certain breed, or actual real life zombies? Because I'll have you know that actual real life zombies can certainly drown.

Depends on which form of zombie I guess.

The nanobot zombie, the vaccine zombie, the toxin zombie, and I think there are a couple more. It's been a while since I looked into real zombies.

The type of zombie will dictate the danger level, the infection level, and the defense method.

bigdaddy1

Are we talking about mythical movie zombies or a certain breed, or actual real life zombies? Because I'll have you know that actual real life zombies can certainly drown.

A zombie is already dead, as in the walking dead. The dead dont need to breath, thus they can not drown.:p

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Ho ho, maybe a Boo Hag, but definitely NOT a South Carolina root doctor!

robert1970

haha!! Actually looking for a small group.. not that i'm paranoid, just like being prepared..

I'm about an hour outside of COS with a few ways out here. (2 of which are 100% back roads)

--Rob

Iam a avid fisherman,and bird hunter so I could provide fish and game birds to eat

Jack House

Depends on which form of zombie I guess.

The nanobot zombie, the vaccine zombie, the toxin zombie, and I think there are a couple more. It's been a while since I looked into real zombies.

The type of zombie will dictate the danger level, the infection level, and the defense method.
A nanobot created zombie MIGHT be able to survive under water. But only if the nanites can extract sufficient oxygen from the water to keep the zombie alive. The others wouldn't survive. This is why I referred to movie zombies as mythical. The brain and muscles require oxygen to function and survive. Which means they also require a beating heart and plenty of blood.

A zombie is already dead, as in the walking dead. The dead dont need to breath, thus they can not drown.:p
What PPM said, but also note that if a Zombie requires a brain to survive, the brain requires oxygenated blood to survive. Further, without oxygenated blood, the muscles would be unable to function. Ever sit on your leg, only to stand up and find out that your leg doesn't want to move? Maybe you sleep on your arm wrong and wake up to find a paralyzed arm. That's caused by low blood to the affected area. ;)

I gotta tell ya, I have woken up far too many times with a paralyzed arm, completely devoid of all feeling, not even pins and needles and that'll last for an ungodly amount of time(upto five minutes) before I start to get feeling again. That crap is freakin scarey!

Well, technically, the dead don't need to eat either...just sayin' ;)
I <3 you. :lol: