• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wa State Supreme Court orders broad disclosure of police records

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2015946104_courtruling19m.html

Seems as tho the PeeDee has to give you the records you ask for. SVG you might want to resubmit your request for misconduct records of Officer Allen Bass, of the Bellingham PD.

rapgood

Seems as tho the PeeDee has to give you the records you ask for. SVG you might want to resubmit your request for misconduct records of Officer Allen Bass, of the Bellingham PD.

If you don't already know, you should be seeking "Use of Force" and "Use of Weapons" reports, as well.

sudden valley gunner

Yea need to narrow my request Mr. Erb is stretching the law a bit on what he wants to disclose I believe but I am not the expert.

If you don't already know, you should be seeking "Use of Force" and "Use of Weapons" reports, as well.

Thanks for the advice I shall use that terminology in my next request.

sudden valley gunner

The other problem I see is that the complaints are filed but exonerated over and over again so Mr. Erb feels those are not to be public, so there is no way we can find the "trend".

I am still curious why he feels the registered complaint sent separate to city hall shouldn't be included because of the investigation. When I was under the impression all documents sent to city hall are public records. He irritated me and lied to me when he was a public defender so I got a little bug up my but about him....lol.

amlevin

Sounds to me that this ruling will have limited value unless suing a PD for a pattern of covering up officers actions. Any records without specific names of officers under investigation won't help nailing an officers @$$ to the barn door, only help in a suit against the department in general.

Another decision from a bunch of nutless wonders.

sudden valley gunner

Not nutless, statist....:eek:.

I agree but it does help, even without the officers names, if you know the officer involved and his history, the city and PD may be more inclined to do something about this officer. And they can't withhold info they have been withholding.