Thread: - Legislature streamlines Virginia gun permit process

Moderator / Administrator
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    8,722 - Legislature streamlines Virginia gun permit process

Two bills passed by the Virginia General Assembly this year will work together to streamline Virginia’s process to obtain concealed handgun permits (CHPs). Effective July 1, 2012, localities are prohibited under HB 754, patroned by Delegate Ben Cline (R – Amherst), from requiring CHP applicants to provide fingerprints. And under SB 563, patroned by Senator Frank Ruff (R – Clarksville), local circuit courts will be both prohibited from requesting “information or documentation other than that which is allowed on the application,” and required to issue permits "via United States mail."

. . .
    Last edited by Mike; 05-24-2012 at 06:31 AM.

Virginia, Hampton Roads, NC 9 miles away
    and required to issue permits "via United States mail."
    Good, those people had mine after 9 days I submited it, they said they emailed me. Nope, and nothing in junk. It sat there 25+ days, should have called.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?