Thread: Can't find Michigan State Police carry FAQ pdf?

Can't find Michigan State Police carry FAQ pdf?

Hi, I'm about to travel to Michigan again, and spent a half hour googling and searching this site for a document that I have referenced in the past about carry laws in Michigan. It was published by the MSP and was a 2-4 page PDF succinctly summarizing all of the basic carry rules for the state. The MSP web site now has lots of different FAQ sections, but I can't find the useful all-encompassing document about carry that I have found many times in the past. Does anyone know where it might be found, or if it was removed for some reason?
    Thanks in advance.

Last edited by khicks; 05-24-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by khicks View Post
    I don't believe so, I found and read that one. It's possible I am misremembering, but I thought there was a brochure pdf that was specifically made by the MSP for the public to cover all the bases of carry.

may be this will help. post #100

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ce-chart/page4

it was right here under,,, michigan open carry reference chart

Banned
    He might be talking about the MOC trifold. I don't have a link handy, but I think that its on the carry chart thread. He can also find it on the MOC website.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    He might be talking about the MOC trifold. I don't have a link handy, but I think that its on the carry chart thread. He can also find it on the MOC website.
    Nope, I came across that one earlier also. I am almost 100% certain this was a MSP publication from a few years back. Hopefully I have a copy of it on my other computers at home, if I can find it I'll post it.

Banned
    By all means, please do. you have my curiosity going now.

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post
    I am pretty sure that it used to be downloadable from that site, but I can't find it there any more. I recognize other docs there, like the full michigan firearms law pdf, and the "firearm identification guide" pdf.

This is the best doc on MI firearms laws. I cant believe any questions wont be answered in this doc.

Might find what you're looking for in this thread?

http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/...opic,25.0.html
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by WilDChilD View Post
    This is the best doc on MI firearms laws. I cant believe any questions wont be answered in this doc.
    I looked through my archives and decided that I was mistaken, and this is indeed the document that I was mis-remembering. Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by amaixner View Post
    I looked through my archives and decided that I was mistaken, and this is indeed the document that I was mis-remembering. Thanks for the help!
    I gotta remember that "mis-remembering" thing when I get so old I can't remember remembering... wait... then I won't be able to remember to mis-remember. Wow... just thinking about it makes me sad.... but it's ok... I'll just mis-remember the whole thing later.....

Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.