Thread: Way to Go Potlatch Idaho!

Way to Go Potlatch Idaho!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...yndication=rss

I just thought this was a great story, especially in days of fighting to keep our rights, we have a town that is dedicating it's self to the manufacture of Firearms and Ammunition, way to buck the norm!!!

God can you imagine trying to get a Washington city to do that? Or even tighter rectally can you imaging trying to get a Western Washington City or Town to try and do that?

Riverside, WA in Okanogan Co could easily do that...When Oak Park, IL banned guns, Riverside made owning and carrying manditory,
    Last edited by hermannr; 05-24-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    Riverside, WA in Okanogan Co could easily do that...When Oak Park, IL banned guns, Riverside made owning and carrying manditory,
    Do you have a link to that? I tried to find it and couldn't. When did this happen?
    I know a sheriff tried the same thing in Georgia I think.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Western Washington

What about East Lewis County? LOTS of cheap land, jobs desperately needed.
    Support these forums, please donate if you are able to OpenCarry.Org!

Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    Do you have a link to that? I tried to find it and couldn't. When did this happen?
    I know a sheriff tried the same thing in Georgia I think.
    Kennisaw, GA Yes, they did it, same time, same reason...an answer to the (supposed) politically correct thought in Oak Park, IL.

As for Riverside's ordinance...It was in the local paper when it happened. It's a good ordinance..no penalty if you object...just a statement of how the town feels.

Anyone here ever been to Potlach, ID? The whole town is about the size of the Puyallup Fairgrounds. Attracting some manufacturing there will be a major task considering the lack of infrastructure. Water, Sewer, Roads, etc. Great Idea but don't expect all the "biggies" to migrate there anytime soon.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

We've got Silver State Armory in Packwood, a specialty ammun

ition manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Anyone here ever been to Potlach, ID? The whole town is about the size of the Puyallup Fairgrounds. Attracting some manufacturing there will be a major task considering the lack of infrastructure. Water, Sewer, Roads, etc. Great Idea but don't expect all the "biggies" to migrate there anytime soon.
    A few (2-5) small manufactures is all they would need.

Some 3 phase power and might get a couple of small machine shops there too.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)