• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Way to Go Potlatch Idaho!

triehl27

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2018277082_apusguntown.html?syndication=rss

I just thought this was a great story, especially in days of fighting to keep our rights, we have a town that is dedicating it's self to the manufacture of Firearms and Ammunition, way to buck the norm!!!

God can you imagine trying to get a Washington city to do that? Or even tighter rectally can you imaging trying to get a Western Washington City or Town to try and do that?

hermannr

Riverside, WA in Okanogan Co could easily do that...When Oak Park, IL banned guns, Riverside made owning and carrying manditory,

Last edited:

decklin

Riverside, WA in Okanogan Co could easily do that...When Oak Park, IL banned guns, Riverside made owning and carrying manditory,

Do you have a link to that? I tried to find it and couldn't. When did this happen?
I know a sheriff tried the same thing in Georgia I think.

hermannr

Do you have a link to that? I tried to find it and couldn't. When did this happen?
I know a sheriff tried the same thing in Georgia I think.
Kennisaw, GA Yes, they did it, same time, same reason...an answer to the (supposed) politically correct thought in Oak Park, IL.

As for Riverside's ordinance...It was in the local paper when it happened. It's a good ordinance..no penalty if you object...just a statement of how the town feels.

amlevin

Anyone here ever been to Potlach, ID? The whole town is about the size of the Puyallup Fairgrounds. Attracting some manufacturing there will be a major task considering the lack of infrastructure. Water, Sewer, Roads, etc. Great Idea but don't expect all the "biggies" to migrate there anytime soon.

Freedom1Man

Anyone here ever been to Potlach, ID? The whole town is about the size of the Puyallup Fairgrounds. Attracting some manufacturing there will be a major task considering the lack of infrastructure. Water, Sewer, Roads, etc. Great Idea but don't expect all the "biggies" to migrate there anytime soon.

A few (2-5) small manufactures is all they would need.

Some 3 phase power and might get a couple of small machine shops there too.