• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Meet 'n' Greet -- Colorado Springs 6/1

since9

Campaign Veteran
Let's consider combining this with a viewing of "U.N. me"

It's a movie opening June 1 about the corruption rampant throughout the U.N. It's playing at Carmike Chapel Hills Mall (yeah, I know... just roll with it).

Click Here for the OCDO thread about this dark and ominous yet hilarious movie!

They have a show at 7:15, which is well-timed for a follow-on to a 6 pm dinner. Also, if we go together as a group, I can get everyone a $6 ticket (military discount).

Is anyone else interested in seeing the film immediately after dinner?

Last edited:

Half Live

If I can find a holster for my new to me 1911 AND I don't have any OT on Friday I might be able to make it. I should get off from work at about 4:30pm but I work up in the Denver Metro Area around Dayton and Arapahoe.

O2HeN2

Well, given all the "maybes" I'll just get a small table and hope we can move to larger one if enough people show up. Guess the rule from now on is don't hold these on a weekday! :)

I'm wearing a bright, mostly blue Hawaiian shirt and of course I'll be OC. I usually answer to the name of "Roger" :)

I'll be there at 6!

O2

Ps. Half Live, in case you show up I'll bring a couple 1911 holsters you can check out.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Well, given all the "maybes" I'll just get a small table and hope we can move to larger one if enough people show up. Guess the rule from now on is don't hold these on a weekday! :)

I'm wearing a bright, mostly blue Hawaiian shirt and of course I'll be OC. I usually answer to the name of "Roger" :)

I'll be there at 6!

O2

Here's a running tally so far:

O2 - Yes
JamesB - Maybe
PPMM - Maybe, and +1
Keens - Maybe
MTBWolf - Maybe
Jonnyruns - Yes, +2
jhco50 - Maybe, +2
since9 - Yes
Half Live - Yes (most probably)

Summary:
Yes - 5
Maybe - 8

My best guess: 6 people.

Ps. Half Live, in case you show up I'll bring a couple 1911 holsters you can check out.

That'd be cool, as you and a couple others have mentioned a 1911 holster might work well with my CZ 85 B. If so, I might be able to find a winner, as my tactical holster (mostly nylon and velcro) is showing its age.

JamesB

Is this the statute you were looking for at dinner?

29-11.7-104. Regulation - carrying - posting.

A local government may enact an ordinance, regulation, or other law that prohibits the open carrying of a firearm in a building or specific area within the local government's jurisdiction. If a local government enacts an ordinance, regulation, or other law that prohibits the open carrying of a firearm in a building or specific area, the local government shall post signs at the public entrances to the building or specific area informing persons that the open carrying of firearms is prohibited in the building or specific area.

JamesB

Or are we refering to the Pueblo municipal ordinances:

Sec. 11-1-601 (b) It shall be unlawful and a Class 1 municipal offense for any person, within the City, to carry a firearm, handgun or weapon concealed on or about his or her person.
(c) It shall be unlawful and a Class 1 municipal offense for any person to poenly carry any firearm, han dgun or weapon in a building or specific area owned, possessed, managed or controlled by the City at which the City has posted signs at the public enterances to the building or specific area prohibiting the open carrying of firearms, handguns, or weapons.

Bellum_Intus

Or are we refering to the Pueblo municipal ordinances:

Sec. 11-1-601 (b) It shall be unlawful and a Class 1 municipal offense for any person, within the City, to carry a firearm, handgun or weapon concealed on or about his or her person.
(c) It shall be unlawful and a Class 1 municipal offense for any person to poenly carry any firearm, han dgun or weapon in a building or specific area owned, possessed, managed or controlled by the City at which the City has posted signs at the public enterances to the building or specific area prohibiting the open carrying of firearms, handguns, or weapons.

OK that's confusing, I understand (c), but (b) would infer OPEN CARRY is ok?? AND.. Isn't this an illegal ordinance if it prohibits lawful CC (referring to (b) ) ?

--Rob

Last edited:

JamesB

OK that's confusing, I understand (c), but (b) would infer OPEN CARRY is ok?? AND.. Isn't this an illegal ordinance if it prohibits lawful CC (referring to (b) ) ?

--Rob

(b) refers simply to CC. It has nothing to do with OC. You have to get to (c) for the part about OC.
(c) deals with OC.
There is another part later...(d) or something that provides CC is ok if you have a permit. I got lazy and didn't add that part.

Bellum_Intus

(b) refers simply to CC. It has nothing to do with OC. You have to get to (c) for the part about OC.
(c) deals with OC.
There is another part later...(d) or something that provides CC is ok if you have a permit. I got lazy and didn't add that part.

OK good.. almost had a heart attack, OC is OK in P and Pwest as far as I ever knew, only prohibited basically like everywhere else (municipal buildings posted) ..

--Rob