• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Self Defense Insurance Program?

45acpForMe

I just got this email from the NRA.

Has anyone researched this program? It doesn't sound that expensive other than the phrase "starts at only $165" could imply higher costs to get everthing they list.
I tried to find some other thread where User was thinking of setting up something like this but as a fund to help people caught in the fly-trap we call the justice system.

I am also wondering about homeowner insurance covering a gun collection and need to call my agent to see what is and not covered. I seem to remember some other company offering to sell insurance for guns not covered (above or beyond) standard homeowners warranty.

NRA Has You Covered.
The NRA Endorsed Insurance Program offers Self-Defense insurance designed to protect NRA members who need extra coverage not found in most homeowners' policies.
Coverage starts at only $165 annually.
What's Covered?
Criminal and civil defense costs.
Civil suit defense
Criminal Defense Reimbursement
Purchasing this coverage is easy! Simply visit www.selfdefenseinsurance.com and select the option to purchase coverage on the right.
For more information call us at 877-672-3006 ext. 3 to speak directly to a representative today.

NRA ENDORSED INSURANCE PROGRAM
NRA Member dues or contributions are not used for this promotion, program or any other related expenses.
NRA Endorsed Property & Casualty Insurance Program Administered by Lockton Risk Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 410679, Kansas City Missouri 64141 | 877-672-3006 |nrains@locktonrisk.comwww.nraendorsedinsurance.com
----------------------------------------------------
National Rifle Association * 11250 Waples Mill Rd * Fairfax, VA. 22030
Please do not reply to this e-mail.
If you would rather not receive future NRA Endorsed Insurance benefit notifications, please
click here and you will be removed immediately. Thank you

Last edited:

user

Accomplished Advocate
What I'm working on is a nonprofit law firm, not an insurance program. There are a couple of such things, one is an endowed foundation and the other is a true insurance program, available to members ofThe Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network and The United States Concealed Carry Association, respectively. I am registered with both of these as a "participating attorney".

I have no recommendations with respect to the NRA; I am a member, myself, only because they issue my credentials as a certified instructor. Besides, I'm still disenchanted with their NRA-ILA bunch with respect to the recent "castle doctrine" fiasco that took up so much of my time late last year.

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://www.locktonrisk.com/nrains/defense.htm
What's Covered:
• Provides coverage up to the limit selected for criminal and civil defense costs.

• Cost of civil suit defense is provided in addition to the limit of liability for bodily injury and property damage.

• Criminal Defense Reimbursement is provided for alleged criminal actions involving self-defense when you are acquitted of such criminal charges or the charges are dropped.

Liability Limit Options:
• $100,000 Combined Single Limit with $50,000 criminal defense reimbursement sub-limit

• $250,000 Combined Single Limit with $50,000 criminal defense reimbursement sub-limit
The devilish details.