Thread: Show Me Freedom Festival

Show Me Freedom Festival

The Show Me Freedom Fest will be June 30, 2012 here in KCMO, tentatively at the University of Missouri Kansas City. This event is a collaborative effort of many liberty oriented groups throughout the midwest region. The main organizer of the event is the Liberty Restoration Project (libertyrestorationproject.org). At the moment, we're working on finalizing speakers and breakout/education sessions. Some of the issues we'll be addressing at the event will be NDAA, SOPA/CIPA, Obamacare, Drones, the TSA, 2nd Amendment, neighborhood activism, KCMO politics, etc.

I have been invited to speak at the event on behalf of the OC movement here in KC and the greater 2A efforts in Missouri. The format will be a rotating 10 minute speeches over 2A followed by breakout sessions with a specific focus on open carry's purpose and efforts here in Missouri. There will be multiple speakers from different organizations, with invitations extended to multiple individuals in varying levels of the Missouri and KC government (Paul Curtman and Brian Nieves are in the works).

Again, this is a collaborative effort comprised of many liberty-oriented organizations and there should quite a large turnout. I am personally hoping many of the OCers will come out to attend the event ( so I am not alone ). However, if the event is held at UMKC, an outstanding venue, the location will restrict the carry of firearms, so the event will be an empty holster event for us. That said, the Liberty Restoration Project has been nice enough to provide us with our own booth to educate and advocate for OC (not to mention stage time next to some pretty influential members in the liberty-oriented movements). I would love for some volunteers to help me man the booth and preform the breakout sessions. I'd also like contributions in the form of pamphlets/business cards (I'll be bringing some as well). Also, I'd appreciate it if we could get some talking points going in this thread as I have to write a decent speech.
    Last edited by ChiangShih; 05-25-2012 at 01:07 AM.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Man where is the support folks?
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Patience - its a holiday week-end. There are only 158 total registered users on-site right now.

Everybody is somewhere else.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Is the event?

If so it's scheduled for the Univ. of Kansas.

http://blog.yaliberty.org/events/201...e-freedom-fest
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Is the event?

If so it's scheduled for the Univ. of Kansas.

This is the event. The event will be held at the University of Missouri Kansas City. This link is the website for the Young Americans for Liberty group (from University of Kansas) that will also be attending the event.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Quote Originally Posted by ChiangShih View Post
    The Show Me Freedom Fest will be June 30, 2012 here in KCMO, tentatively at the University of Missouri Kansas City. This event is a collaborative effort of many liberty oriented groups throughout the midwest region.

I have been invited to speak at the event on behalf of the OC movement here in KC and the greater 2A efforts in Missouri.

Again, this is a collaborative effort comprised of many liberty-oriented organizations and there should quite a large turnout. I am personally hoping many of the OCers will come out to attend the event ( so I am not alone ). However, if the event is held at UMKC, an outstanding venue, the location will restrict the carry of firearms, so the event will be an empty holster event for us.
    Any venue that would RESTRICT the very rights you are trying to convey , wouldnt be my first choice, and would hardly call it outstanding for this type of event. Will the event be a gated event, so each gate is properly posted, or are there signs all over, I have done work at UMKC and dont recall ever seeing signs. Its a Show Me Freedom Fest, you are speaking on behalf of the OC movement here in kc, but we cant OC, if i'm understanding correctly, but we CAN wear an empty holster, to show.........what exactly. I'm sure you will do a good job, but if i was to go, I would either be carrying concealed or carrying open, and probably the latter. I may be asked to leave, may not, who knows.....but if im going to and event in KC to support Open Carry...... and its private property, its their right to ask me to leave, but it my right, Amendment 2, shall not be infringed. Missouri Constitution Article 1 section 23..... shall not be questoned........to carry.
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Man where is the support folks?
    Jeez man... lol. I will get fired for visiting this website during company hours. We have specific rules against websites about weapons... and the owner is a veteran! But being on the clock, there should not be ANY fun surfing

Rats! I have a mandatory staff meeting Wednesday night... maybe I can call in...lol. There IS a conference line... I will try to drop in, no promises.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

"The problem with Internet quotes is that no one has verified the source" -- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by peterarthur View Post
    Jeez man... lol. I will get fired for visiting this website during company hours. We have specific rules against websites about weapons... and the owner is a veteran! But being on the clock, there should not be ANY fun surfing

Rats! I have a mandatory staff meeting Wednesday night... maybe I can call in...lol. There IS a conference line... I will try to drop in, no promises.
    Lol hey man just trying to rally the troops. Also the event will be Saturday, June 30th, 2012.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Lol hey man just trying to rally the troops. Also the event will be Saturday, June 30th, 2012.
    Ohhhh! I was thinking next week ... lol. Awesome!!! Maybe I can help then.

"The problem with Internet quotes is that no one has verified the source" -- Abraham Lincoln

The Freedom Fest is on Daily Paul.com!

http://www.dailypaul.com/239736/1st-...kansas-city-mo

"I am proud to introduce a first of it's kind event in the Midwest region. The Show Me Freedom Fest is a gathering of liberty-minded individuals who will educate, train, and learn how to win for their issues.

There will be an entire days worth of speakers, training, debates/forums, and breakout sessions for grassroots activists young and old."
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Due to some recent personal issues and a change in the processes in order to host a table and speak at this event, the KCOC group wont be in the speakers or table line up. It is disappointing in that respect but the event is still for a good cause. Paul Curtman and Adam Kokesh will be speaking at the event and I will still be attending to show my support. If anyone else plans on showing up let me know and we'll meet up. If you want to know more about why we wont be hosting a table PM me, I wont b*tch on the forum.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Due to some recent personal issues and a change in the processes in order to host a table and speak at this event, the KCOC group wont be in the speakers or table line up. It is disappointing in that respect but the event is still for a good cause. Paul Curtman and Adam Kokesh will be speaking at the event and I will still be attending to show my support. If anyone else plans on showing up let me know and we'll meet up. If you want to know more about why we wont be hosting a table PM me, I wont b*tch on the forum.
    I would not consider it b*tching.
    PM sent.
    The price of freedom is on the wall.

Can you post more specific information about the schedule? I have some commitments on Saturday but I have some time available.

nm... just saw the link
    Last edited by peterarthur; 06-27-2012 at 10:07 AM.

No gun, no can go. If snubbie has to stay home I will stay home to keep him company.