• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Show Me Freedom Festival

ChiangShih

The Show Me Freedom Fest will be June 30, 2012 here in KCMO, tentatively at the University of Missouri Kansas City. This event is a collaborative effort of many liberty oriented groups throughout the midwest region. The main organizer of the event is the Liberty Restoration Project (libertyrestorationproject.org). At the moment, we're working on finalizing speakers and breakout/education sessions. Some of the issues we'll be addressing at the event will be NDAA, SOPA/CIPA, Obamacare, Drones, the TSA, 2nd Amendment, neighborhood activism, KCMO politics, etc.

I have been invited to speak at the event on behalf of the OC movement here in KC and the greater 2A efforts in Missouri. The format will be a rotating 10 minute speeches over 2A followed by breakout sessions with a specific focus on open carry's purpose and efforts here in Missouri. There will be multiple speakers from different organizations, with invitations extended to multiple individuals in varying levels of the Missouri and KC government (Paul Curtman and Brian Nieves are in the works).

Again, this is a collaborative effort comprised of many liberty-oriented organizations and there should quite a large turnout. I am personally hoping many of the OCers will come out to attend the event ( so I am not alone :D ). However, if the event is held at UMKC, an outstanding venue, the location will restrict the carry of firearms, so the event will be an empty holster event for us. That said, the Liberty Restoration Project has been nice enough to provide us with our own booth to educate and advocate for OC (not to mention stage time next to some pretty influential members in the liberty-oriented movements). I would love for some volunteers to help me man the booth and preform the breakout sessions. I'd also like contributions in the form of pamphlets/business cards (I'll be bringing some as well). Also, I'd appreciate it if we could get some talking points going in this thread as I have to write a decent speech.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Patience - its a holiday week-end. There are only 158 total registered users on-site right now.

Everybody is somewhere else.

Richieg150

The Show Me Freedom Fest will be June 30, 2012 here in KCMO, tentatively at the University of Missouri Kansas City. This event is a collaborative effort of many liberty oriented groups throughout the midwest region.

I have been invited to speak at the event on behalf of the OC movement here in KC and the greater 2A efforts in Missouri.

Again, this is a collaborative effort comprised of many liberty-oriented organizations and there should quite a large turnout. I am personally hoping many of the OCers will come out to attend the event ( so I am not alone :D ). However, if the event is held at UMKC, an outstanding venue, the location will restrict the carry of firearms, so the event will be an empty holster event for us.

Any venue that would RESTRICT the very rights you are trying to convey , wouldnt be my first choice, and would hardly call it outstanding for this type of event. Will the event be a gated event, so each gate is properly posted, or are there signs all over, I have done work at UMKC and dont recall ever seeing signs. Its a Show Me Freedom Fest, you are speaking on behalf of the OC movement here in kc, but we cant OC, if i'm understanding correctly, but we CAN wear an empty holster, to show.........what exactly. I'm sure you will do a good job, but if i was to go, I would either be carrying concealed or carrying open, and probably the latter. I may be asked to leave, may not, who knows.....but if im going to and event in KC to support Open Carry...... and its private property, its their right to ask me to leave, but it my right, Amendment 2, shall not be infringed. Missouri Constitution Article 1 section 23..... shall not be questoned........to carry.

peterarthur

Man where is the support folks?

Jeez man... lol. I will get fired for visiting this website during company hours. We have specific rules against websites about weapons... and the owner is a veteran! But being on the clock, there should not be ANY fun surfing :)

Rats! I have a mandatory staff meeting Wednesday night... maybe I can call in...lol. There IS a conference line... I will try to drop in, no promises.

ChiangShih

Jeez man... lol. I will get fired for visiting this website during company hours. We have specific rules against websites about weapons... and the owner is a veteran! But being on the clock, there should not be ANY fun surfing :)

Rats! I have a mandatory staff meeting Wednesday night... maybe I can call in...lol. There IS a conference line... I will try to drop in, no promises.

Lol hey man just trying to rally the troops. Also the event will be Saturday, June 30th, 2012.

ChiangShih

The Freedom Fest is on Daily Paul.com!

http://www.dailypaul.com/239736/1st-annual-show-me-freedom-fest-june-30th-kansas-city-mo

"I am proud to introduce a first of it's kind event in the Midwest region. The Show Me Freedom Fest is a gathering of liberty-minded individuals who will educate, train, and learn how to win for their issues.

There will be an entire days worth of speakers, training, debates/forums, and breakout sessions for grassroots activists young and old."

ChiangShih

Due to some recent personal issues and a change in the processes in order to host a table and speak at this event, the KCOC group wont be in the speakers or table line up. It is disappointing in that respect but the event is still for a good cause. Paul Curtman and Adam Kokesh will be speaking at the event and I will still be attending to show my support. If anyone else plans on showing up let me know and we'll meet up. If you want to know more about why we wont be hosting a table PM me, I wont b*tch on the forum.

Freedom 1st

Due to some recent personal issues and a change in the processes in order to host a table and speak at this event, the KCOC group wont be in the speakers or table line up. It is disappointing in that respect but the event is still for a good cause. Paul Curtman and Adam Kokesh will be speaking at the event and I will still be attending to show my support. If anyone else plans on showing up let me know and we'll meet up. If you want to know more about why we wont be hosting a table PM me, I wont b*tch on the forum.

I would not consider it b*tching.
PM sent.