• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Snailing it across the street!...

Beretta92FSLady

When I am walking across the street--at a crosswalk of course!--if there is a vehicle, or a line of vehicles waiting for me to cross, in order to turn, I pick-up the pace a bit; mind you, I don't run, but I do pick-up the pace.

Does it bug the living sh*t out of anyone else to sit at the light preparing to turn, and some bag of sh*t actually slows their pace while crossing, and kinda glares at you while they're doing it?

There is a particular group of individuals who slow the hell down (in larger numbers), and I understand there is a sociological explanation for it, but still.

Okay, I am finished b*tching.

I will get back to my coffee now...

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Common courtesy dictates you get out of people's way, common sense tells you to get the hell out of traffic as quickly as possible.

One of my pet peeves are people who take 20 mins to make a drive thru order. As if the 3 panels on the menu are that complicated and any different than the last time they were there. If you have to take that long, go inside the resturant. The drive thru is for people who have somewhere else to be.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Don't forget your Valium.
"Mother's little helper" for the National Association of GALS - get a lifers.

And if you take more of those
you will get an overdose
No more running for the shelter of a mother's little helper
They just helped you on your way
through your busy dying day

Last edited:

carracer

"Mother's little helper" for the National Association of GALS - get a lifers.

And if you take more of those
you will get an overdose
No more running for the shelter of a mother's little helper
They just helped you on your way
through your busy dying day

I have that on 45 somewhere in storage. Can't remember what's on the other side, "Lady Jane" comes to mind.

Jack House

People that wait till your light is green and you start moving to dart across the street. These small towns boobs have no idea how to cross an intersection. Either they'll wait forever for the crosswalk light, or they'll dart out at the absolute worst time. Fortunately, they're more likely to just sit there and wait for 30 minutes rather than the latter. But still.

I think we should just round them all up, dump them in the city and make live there for about a year with no car and no taxi money. They'll either learn when it's safe to cross, get themselves killed or simply never get anywhere. Try waiting on a crosswalk light, you'll be there for about 20 hours. 047.gif

MKEgal

It's exercising what little bit of power over others they have.
Sort of like how some store clerks argue, wad up clothes, or chat with friends instead of paying attention to the customer. Those have all happened to me, & all were rewarded with a chat with their manager.

All happened from clerks who didn't look like me.
Could be coincidence, of course, but that also tends to describe the people who saunter across the road, blocking traffic, or even standing in the middle of the lane as if they're daring a driver to take them out.

Found a crossing guard doing that once...
No other traffic, no other kids in sight; she had plenty of time to get the kid across the street & get herself back onto the curb without me stopping, or even slowing down much.
The kid was on the far side of the street & several paces down the sidewalk & the crossing guard was still holding her hand out toward me & blowing her whistle.
I kept moving; when I tried to go around her, she walked into the path of my car, then bent down & tried to look at me, as if that would make me more aware of her little power ploy.
Eventually she did get out of the street. Wish I'd circled back to get the intersection name & contacted the local school board or LEA to report her.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Sort of like how some store clerks argue, ... All happened from clerks who didn't look like me.
...and cops?

Copses, Golem? Is it paranoia if they're really after you, a threatening, persecutory conspiracy?
======================================================================
Living rent free in their owne heads. "The Quixotes of this Age fight with the Wind-mills of their owne Heads." John Cleveland, The character of a London diurnall, 1644

Last edited:

jbone

All you can do is let the pedestrian pass, although I have given them the finger on a few occasions when I was certain they were ******* with me.

Yaki

Common courtesy dictates you get out of people's way, common sense tells you to get the hell out of traffic as quickly as possible.

One of my pet peeves are people who take 20 mins to make a drive thru order. As if the 3 panels on the menu are that complicated and any different than the last time they were there. If you have to take that long, go inside the resturant. The drive thru is for people who have somewhere else to be.

Coudn't agree more. Acting like they haven't spent half their life looking at the same menus since childhood..

HKcarrier

Ding ding ding!! We have a winner. People that are big fat nobodies jump at the chance to exercise their microscopic bit of power over others and they love doing it.