• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pungo Strawberry Festival

MagiK_SacK

Anybody going? This is the first year that I am going since I have started to OC. I was wondering if anybody as been and OC'd there, and had any problems?

Glockster

Anybody going? This is the first year that I am going since I have started to OC. I was wondering if anybody as been and OC'd there, and had any problems?

I'm going tomorrow for a bit. I've only been a couple of times including last year and didn't OC then, and don't recall seeing anyone doing so. But then it gets crowded enough that I just might not have noticed even if someone was OC'ing. And clearly the streets are fair game but I'm not sure how much of the adjoining property where things are setup wouldn't be private property...but don't recall seeing signs of any kind last year.

MagiK_SacK

Well I am happy to say everything went well, just as I expected it to. I didn't run into anything more crazy than a couple bug eyes :eek:. On a funny note though, something I didn't expect did happen while we were watching the parade. So I was standing there with my family and out of no where I noticed a man and his wife coming our way. She had one of those SLR huge lens cameras in hand along with a look of amazement on her face. He approached me and introduced himself. He proceeded to explain explain that he had a CHP, and that his wife was amazed that carrying a gun in public was legal. All while he was telling me this his wife couldn't help but snap pictures. We had a quick conversation, and they went on their way. Just something different.

On the disappointing side though, the darn strawberry field wasn't open for picking!! What kid of crap is that, lol. The second time we walked down that way to see if it had opened up my wife had the idea of asking the cops directing traffic if they had any idea if they knew if it was going to open some time. I looked at her and said "So you want me, the guy with a gun on his hip, to intentionally approach the cops?". :uhoh: So sure enough the puppy eyes came out and I was forced to go ask the question. They didn't give me any trouble, I really didn't expect them to, but you could she as soon as they noticed me their eyes when to my gun, and they had a look of concern on their faces.

All in all it was a good day though.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

out of no where I noticed a man and his wife coming our way. She had one of those SLR huge lens cameras in hand along with a look of amazement on her face. He approached me and introduced himself. He proceeded to explain explain that he had a CHP, and that his wife was amazed that carrying a gun in public was legal. All while he was telling me this his wife couldn't help but snap pictures. We had a quick conversation, and they went on their way. Just something different.

... my wife had the idea of asking the cops directing traffic if they had any idea if they knew if it was going to open some time. I looked at her and said "So you want me, the guy with a gun on his hip, to intentionally approach the cops?"

#1 - No, that's not our Handsome Videographer. He's the one snapping pictures, does not have a CHP, and often uses a Great Dane to haul his gear.

#2 - who better to go near the cops? For once they are put on equal footing!:shocker::lol:

#3 - So, did you guys ever get to pick strawberries?

stay safe.

MagiK_SacK

#1 - No, that's not our Handsome Videographer. He's the one snapping pictures, does not have a CHP, and often uses a Great Dane to haul his gear.

#2 - who better to go near the cops? For once they are put on equal footing!:shocker::lol:

#3 - So, did you guys ever get to pick strawberries?

stay safe.

No strawberry picking for us :mad: The cop said he was told the fields were all picked out two weeks before the festival and that they were actually had to ship strawberries in for the festival. Now as far as the accuracy of that statement, who knows? I just know I didn't get to pick any damn strawberries and had to talk down my upset prego wife! Still a good day though.