• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO Challenge Coin

MagiK_SacK

Just curious if any of the Mods/Admin know a round about date that the coins should be ready. I would like to purchase some but I would be more inclined to do so if I knew an estimated date of completion. As some others might. I understand that things like this when you don't know what kind of response you will get dates like that can be up in the air depending on how much is tossed in during the initial purchase. Never hurts to ask though.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
MagiK,

That makes sense. I will update the coin page with this info as well in case some people don't see this thread.

The vendor I have selected has an approximately two week lead time after we pay the setup fees. They will then ship the first batch to me and I will package them up to ship to individual purchasers. All in all, I would expect that you guys would receive them no later than the last week of June and potentially much sooner.

Thanks again for the interest and the support! We really appreciate it! Let me know if you have any other questions.

John

Just curious if any of the Mods/Admin know a round about date that the coins should be ready. I would like to purchase some but I would be more inclined to do so if I knew an estimated date of completion. As some others might. I understand that things like this when you don't know what kind of response you will get dates like that can be up in the air depending on how much is tossed in during the initial purchase. Never hurts to ask though.

MagiK_SacK

MagiK,

That makes sense. I will update the coin page with this info as well in case some people don't see this thread.

The vendor I have selected has an approximately two week lead time after we pay the setup fees. They will then ship the first batch to me and I will package them up to ship to individual purchasers. All in all, I would expect that you guys would receive them no later than the last week of June and potentially much sooner.

Thanks again for the interest and the support! We really appreciate it! Let me know if you have any other questions.

John

Nope that answers all I was curious about, Thanks for the quick response! You should see my order by the end of the day. Melting lead right now so kinda preoccupied right now. :D

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
You be safe doing that! :) Thanks for the support!

John

Nope that answers all I was curious about, Thanks for the quick response! You should see my order by the end of the day. Melting lead right now so kinda preoccupied right now. :D

Sigger

Cincinnati (Springfield Township), Ohio, USA
I was looking for something to validate the challenge coin sale - that it wasn't an advertising scam. By only accepting Pay Pal as payment it looked a little phishy. I'll take the response above from Administrator as a validation & get my coins ordered. However, I just thought you should be aware of my reasoning in case there are others with the same reservations.
You should see my order today.

Sigger

Cincinnati (Springfield Township), Ohio, USA
I was looking for something to validate the challenge coin sale - that it wasn't an advertising scam. By only accepting Pay Pal as payment it looked a little phishy. I'll take the response above from Administrator as a validation & get my coins ordered. However, I just thought you should be aware of my reasoning in case there are others with the same reservations.
You should see my order today.

I stand corrected.
I just ordered 2 coins and was able to use my regular credit card. I ordered extra so that I can give them away at the SW Ohio Meet & Greet on June 23 as door prizes.

BigTzzy

I just ordered mine. :)

Can't wait to see it.

Just to be clear with the pre-order special I ordered one so I will actually receive two...is that correct???

Thanks.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. You will receive two if you paid for one. :)

Thanks!

John

I just ordered mine. :)

Can't wait to see it.

Just to be clear with the pre-order special I ordered one so I will actually receive two...is that correct???

Thanks.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Ordered today....

Like the description.... hoping the coins accurately match my mental interpretation and understanding of the description... LOL

I hope so too. See the first artwork draft below.

John

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
The First Artwork Draft is in From the Manufacturer

Picture the vector art below in an antique silver, two-toned, 3d plating like the example shown and let me know what you think. :)

First_Art.jpg

two_toned.PNG

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
This is probably too late, but the proofreader missed something.

"Be" and "is" are short words, yes, but they are verbs. They should be capitalized when using title case.

Last edited:

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
This is probably too late, but the proofreader missed something.

"Be" and "is" are short words, yes, but they are verbs. They should be capitalized when using title case.

It is NOT too late for changes. This is the first draft and I can change whatever needs to be changed.

What are your thoughts otherwise?

John

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Update on date

I just received an email from the manufacturer. I am supposed to receive them on the 17th of July and I will send them on as soon as I have them in hand.

Thanks so much for everyone's patience!!! It took longer than expected to get the minimum order needed to get the pricing that allowed us to do the two-for one but I hope they are worth the wait. :)

John

DWCook

Activist Member
I'm interested to see how these coins turn out. As I did order when it was two for the price of one, hopefully they turn out well.