Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am finished extending common courtesy of the road to women

I am finished extending common courtesy of the road to women

[RANT] I am finished extending common courtesy of the road to women; done, finished, no more, period!!!!!!!

3 days in row when trying to exit a convince store I go to the exit, traffic light to the right, I want to go left, so I go to the furthest exit, left turn signal on, traffic light red and a woman pulls right in front of me, looking straight ahead like she doesn't even know I exist and blocks me in. Now 9 out of 10 men would stop far enough back I could get out, 99 out of 100 women will do what these 3 did!!!

Just now was the last straw; we have right turn lanes that go behind the traffic light pole with a short merge lane so you don't even have a yield. My way had the green, the road split ahead and the major traffic flow goes right so right lane is full. A women comes onto the merge beside me, nobody to the left so I pull over and let her in, she is not quite up to speed, falls back a bit opening enough room so I can get back in, I turn on my right turn signal and she speeds up and shuts me off!!!!!!!!!

So; until just 1 woman extends me a common courtesy of the road I WILL NOT give a woman on the road a single inch, nothing, nadda, zilch!!!! I am even thinking about no longer holding doors, yielding to them at a door way etc, NOTHING!!! Till just a single woman extends a common courtesy to me; which may well be till **** FREEZES OVER!!!!![/RANT]

Never let someone's base behavior turn you into something less. Always take the high road. Be a gentleman because that's what a good man does. There are worse things than not being let into traffic.
    A firearm is a tool of convenience, not effectiveness - Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

As a man, if I have the right of way, I keep it.

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk 2

So, you are going to let someone else determine your course of action? I won't. I would much rather keep my cool, continue to be a courteous, defensive driver, and let the other person go their own way. It will come back to haunt them eventually.

Was driving to Austin yesterday. While there were a number of cars on the highway, it was mostly clear. While on 71, there was this little tiny plastic car that decided she wanted to speed down the highway. Cool, I wasn't driving, otherwise we'd probably be going either about as fast as she was or a bit faster. So no complaints here. Like I said, the highway was pretty clear, no other cars around us for about half a mile. We were in the right hand lane and she was in the left. For whatever inexplicable dumbass reason, she cuts us off. Again, she's in a little plastic car and we're driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee. We were going about 70, but had to hit the breaks and dodge her to prevent a crash.

Stupid woman. I don't know what she was thinking or why she did that, like I said, the road was clear all around us, she didn't need in the right lane and she didn't have to merge to avoid hitting someone in front of her. She was just being stupid. She ended up going all the way to Austin. After that, though, she was clearly rattled. You could tell by the way she drove after that, keeping her distance where possible.

This is proof women shouldn't drive. Name:  eusa_snooty.gif
Views: 327
Size:  1.5 KB

Meanwhile, some woman driver is ranting about the jerk who thinks he should be able to turn left out of a parking lot, right next to a stop light, across multiple lanes of traffic, and that it's somehow incumbent upon her to let him.

Seriously: turn right, then make the block.

"Always be a gentlemen to everyone you meet. Not because everyone you meet deserves it, but because they will never have a chance to accuse you of NOT being a gentleman".
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    Meanwhile, some woman driver is ranting about the jerk who thinks he should be able to turn left out of a parking lot, right next to a stop light, across multiple lanes of traffic, and that it's somehow incumbent upon her to let him.

Seriously: turn right, then make the block.
    I can understand his anger.
    The people in my area have no clue about manner son the road.
    But you cant expect it all the time.

However, when you do encounter someone with proper road manners, you have to make sure they see you wave implying "thank you".
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Interesting.
    My experiences tend to go the other way with people, mostly women, stopping to let me cross the road. By that I mean I'm on my mobility scooter waiting to cross a divided highway with 2 lanes in each direction (US101) and these people with the right-of-way stop to let me cross nearly causing rear end accidents. It also happens on city streets. Usually it's only onr direction that stops and I still can't go because the other direction is still moving.
    I've even had people almost cause accidents by slowing down to under 15 mph to take pictures of me going down the shoulders of roads on my big scooter. Most recently while I was going down the on ramp to US101 westbound. The woman had about 6 or 8 cars behind her and yet she almost stopped to take a picture of the scooter.
    It's not that I want people to be discourtious, I just want them to think first.

Per Mile traveled

Women cause more wrecks than men do.

I have had trouble with both genders on the roadways but when I can see a car moving in a way that indicates someone is doing something stupid most of the time it's a woman. I can by observing from behind guess age range, gender, and race of who is behind the wheel. I am about 65% accurate.

Big truck failure to use signals it's normally that guy who has a 3" tool and is going bald.

Changing lanes and leaving blinker on 'forever' woman are more guilty than men. The idiot proofing of cars was for women drivers. Not saying that woman are idiots but most of them should not be behind the wheel of a car. In my experience at least.

Some women I have seen do really well and some men I have seen do rather poorly.

I guess I am saying that women EARNED the stereo type of being bad drivers.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Most of my problems on the road stem from men, oddly enough. They're usually the ones riding my ass, cutting me off or flipping me the bird for merging onto the highway. My most recent problem is with the big rigs, though. The on-ramp to the highway form where I work us essentially a big u-turn, you drive straight towards on-coming traffic then do a sharp right turn and have about 100 feet to get up to highway speeds and hope that there's a space. Well, I'll get to the speed allotted to me by the person merging in front of me, then while trying to get into traffic, a big rig that couldn't take the open left lane or tap the brakes just runs up right next to me and slows down because of the guy merging in front of me. At least 3 days this last week I've come to a complete stop so I didn't become a smear under a big rig.

I wish these guys had the courtesy that my grandpa did when he was a driver. His last drive he got cut off by a sportscar and instead of plowing through them or the vehicle to his left, he took the concrete wall to his right. I'm not saying they should all have to make that choice, but slowing down a little or moving over safely instead of trying to kill me would be nice.
    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Psalms 23:4

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

“It’s always open season on criminals in Mason County, and there’s no bag limit.” Sen. Tim Sheldon (D)

Molōn labe!

It was really funny funny to read about this. I experienced the same thing a few years ago. I took the same action. F-em.

Quote Originally Posted by xxx.jakk.xxx View Post
    Most of my problems on the road stem from men, oddly enough. They're usually the ones riding my ass, cutting me off or flipping me the bird for merging onto the highway.
    That's aggressive driving, and you're right that it's usually men.

Oblivious driving, which the OP described, is usually by women, or by very young or very old drivers of either sex.

I prefer aggressive drivers to obliviots. You can usuallyl tell what the aggressive driver plans to do.

The ones who actually annoy me the most are the overly defensive drivers, those still abiding by those old 1970's PSAs: "Keep an eye on the other guy."

They're so busy watching what everyone else is doing, they don't bother signalling or even driving in a way that you can tell what they're about to do. They're also the knuckleheads who insist on being nice and giving way to someone who doesn't have the right of way, so that it actually takes longer than if they'd just take the way they have a right to.

Most of my problems on the road stem from men, oddly enough. They're usually the ones riding my ass, cutting me off or flipping me the bird for merging onto the highway. My most recent problem is with the big rigs, though. The on-ramp to the highway form where I work us essentially a big u-turn, you drive straight towards on-coming traffic then do a sharp right turn and have about 100 feet to get up to highway speeds and hope that there's a space. Well, I'll get to the speed allotted to me by the person merging in front of me, then while trying to get into traffic, a big rig that couldn't take the open left lane or tap the brakes just runs up right next to me and slows down because of the guy merging in front of me. At least 3 days this last week I've come to a complete stop so I didn't become a smear under a big rig.

I wish these guys had the courtesy that my grandpa did when he was a driver. His last drive he got cut off by a sportscar and instead of plowing through them or the vehicle to his left, he took the concrete wall to his right. I'm not saying they should all have to make that choice, but slowing down a little or moving over safely instead of trying to kill me would be nice.
    those trucks are 50+ ft long and weigh 40kton+. they don't move so good. if you can't handle the traffic, go another way
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    So, you are going to let someone else determine your course of action?
    Yep.
    If there's that much traffic, the lower risk move is to turn right.

I was pulling up to a big, multi-lane intersection without stoplights and during early evening hours when there was decent traffic and the sun was going down so it was getting dark but not everyone had their headlights on. Trying to turn left out of a store's driveway.

Coming up to the intersection, I thought to myself, "I should just turn right and then go up that-a-way. It'll be slightly longer, but less chance of an accident under these non-ideal conditions."

I did not do that.

When I thought I was clear to turn left, suddenly a dark-colored car was there "out of nowhere." I scraped up my front and their side.
    I couldn't believe I didn't see them coming. Then I noticed their lights were off, and they said they had pulled out of the store's driveway to the left of the one I was at. So I was probably 35 feet to their right wanting to turn left, and they were 35 feet to my left wanting to turn right.

That was my one and only car accident.
    I make more right turns now.

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    those trucks are 50+ ft long and weigh 40kton+. they don't move so good. if you can't handle the traffic, go another way
    Is that a typo? '40 kilo tons +'....40 tons....OK. By the way, most roads are not suited for large trucks and therefore they are prohibited from driving on them. So, big rigs usually congregate where they are permitied to travel....4-wheelers need to get over it, the laws of physics are not on the side of the 4-wheeler.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    So, you are going to let someone else determine your course of action? I won't. I would much rather keep my cool, continue to be a courteous, defensive driver, and let the other person go their own way. It will come back to haunt them eventually.
    No it won't. Stupid lasts for ever.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    I have to wonder at those who would lump all women together ...

... and then not expect others to lump all gun-owners together.

People are people, and refusing courtesy to any person lowers you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    I have to wonder at those who would lump all women together ...

... and then not expect others to lump all gun-owners together.

People are people, and refusing courtesy to any person lowers you.
    +100!! I have had the unfortunate experience of being rear ended while sitting at a stop light several times in my life. Every time, with one exception, it was a man that hit me. But I don't think all or even most men are bad drivers. There are good and bad drivers of both genders, just as there are responsible and irresponsible gun owners, parents, etc. etc. etc. None of us are perfect and have probably inconvienced or upset other people at one time or another. Let's all take a deep breath and cut others a little slack. It's not who is right that matters, it's who's left (alive that is!) You think driving is fun, try being a full time pedestrian!!!
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Is that a typo? '40 kilo tons +'....40 tons....OK. By the way, most roads are not suited for large trucks and therefore they are prohibited from driving on them. So, big rigs usually congregate where they are permitied to travel....4-wheelers need to get over it, the laws of physics are not on the side of the 4-wheeler.

40 thousand ton, 80,000 lb. typical weight load

BTW, most times trucks are limited to the right lane
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    40 thousand ton, 80,000 lb. typical weight load

BTW, most times trucks are limited to the right lane
    Actually a ton is 2,000lbs, so it would be 80,000,000 pounds. I don't believe a truck can haul that much and god help us if they start.

Same as when I hold the door open for a woman and she can't say thank you. My only response to their non response is your welcome. I won't stop because of a few as many actually utter the words than you..

Sexist thread is sexist....... Plenty of idiots on both sides....
    When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe.

SNIP.

My most recent problem is with the big rigs, though. The on-ramp to the highway form where I work us essentially a big u-turn, you drive straight towards on-coming traffic then do a sharp right turn and have about 100 feet to get up to highway speeds and hope that there's a space. Well, I'll get to the speed allotted to me by the person merging in front of me, then while trying to get into traffic, a big rig that couldn't take the open left lane or tap the brakes just runs up right next to me and slows down because of the guy merging in front of me. At least 3 days this last week I've come to a complete stop so I didn't become a smear under a big rig.

The way to get onto a highway is to accelerate to match or exceed merging traffic so that no one has to slow down for you. I understand this is not always possible because there's always the driving impaired in your way trying to merge onto a highway at 45mph with a speed limit of 70mph. May I suggest backing off of the car in front of you many car lengths while in the u-turn. Even if you must slow to a stop, it's better than stopping at the end of a merge lane with drivers behind you looking backwards and accelerating. I'm surprised you haven't had someone run you over yet.

In keeping with the rant part of this topic but leaving out the man/woman part...

If you're on a highway or interstate that has at least 2 lanes remember: The right lane is for driving and the left lane is for PASSING. So... get out of my way!!

Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by georg jetson View Post
    If you're on a highway or interstate that has at least 2 lanes remember: The right lane is for driving and the left lane is for PASSING. So... get out of my way!!
    People get so mad when I point out this is actually the law in Alabama. They always say some variant of "If I'm going the speed limit I'll do it in whatever lane I want." Sorry, buddy. You aren't better than me just because you choose to break a different law. The slow guy in the passing lane in is more of a road hazard than the guy speeding with a wide open highway in front of him.
    There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away, mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting. I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing. Doomed to crumble, unless we grow and strengthen our communication. -Tool, "Schism"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast