• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry and condo associations in Washington state.

sudden valley gunner

You'd understand better if you had the better part of a half million invested in your "home" and wanted to sell it at somewhere near that. It really sucks when one buys a house, even for a fraction of that, pays on the mortgage for 20 years, and then finds that the neighborhood has deteriorated so badly that the home either takes 3 years to sell, or sells for a fraction of it's equivalent value because you didn't have the ability to keep the neighborhood from turning into Tijuana North or "Dogpatch".

To each their own. I don't mind mowing my lawn, keeping my flower beds free of weeds, and painting my house every 10-15 years.

This rarely happens, most people who can afford a half million for a home live in neighborhoods, with other people who afford half a million for their homes.

The major push for and supporter of HOA's are real estate agencies most people who live in them are not happy with them.

I have seen bad neighborhoods turn into nice ones without HOA's but by people buying cheap homes because of location and fixing them up. Haven't really seen the opposite happen except in Paradise Valley, but once the HOA was dismantled, a few years later people who can afford the lots and houses have turned that place around and it is a lot better place to live in than when it was an HOA. So the HOA could have been the major contribution to why the neighbor hood went down hill. Sudden Valley has a lower value in home prices because people don't want to buy into their HOA. So you have to lower the price enough for people to want to buy into it.