Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Oklahoma Open Carry Association Mission Statement

  1. #1
    Regular Member okiebryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    Posts
    449

    Oklahoma Open Carry Association Mission Statement

    The objectives of Oklahoma Open Carry Association are:

    • To educate and desensitize the public and members of the law enforcement community about the legality of the open carry of a handgun in public.
    • To exercise a natural right to self defense using the most efficient and common tool, a handgun.
    • To demonstrate to the public at large that gun owners are one of the most lawful segments of society and they have nothing to fear from the lawful carry of a handgun.
    • To protect our right to self-defense.



    Methods to accomplish objectives are:

    • To distribute information via email, mail, telephone and in person to local law enforcement agencies.
    • To have periodic and informal gatherings in public places throughout the state while open carrying our handguns.
    • To contact the media, conduct interviews, relate pertinent information on the internet, write articles and letters to the editors all on the practice of open carry.
    • To participate in larger public events, festivals, car shows, etc., and staff an information booth about open carry.
    • To stay informed of and act against infringing legislation.
    • To always be ambassadors of good will in regards to the safe and lawful carry of a handgun.
    Last edited by okiebryan; 05-26-2012 at 09:17 PM.

  2. #2
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lansing area, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    6,445
    Quote Originally Posted by okiebryan View Post
    The objectives of Oklahoma Open Carry Association are:

    • To educate and desensitize the public and members of the law enforcement community about the legality of the open carry of a handgun in public.
    • To exercise a natural right to self defense using the most efficient and common tool, a handgun.
    • To demonstrate to the public at large that gun owners are one of the most lawful segments of society and they have nothing to fear from the lawful carry of a firearm.
    • To protect our right to self-defense.



    Methods to accomplish objectives are:

    • To distribute information via email, mail, telephone and in person to local law enforcement agencies.
    • To have periodic and informal gatherings in public places throughout the state while open carrying our handguns.
    • To contact the media, conduct interviews, relate pertinent information on the internet, write articles and letters to the editors all on the legality of open carry.
    • To participate in larger public events, festivals, car shows, etc., and staff an information booth about open carry.
    • To stay informed of and act against infringing legislation.
    • To always be ambassadors of good will in regards to the safe and lawful carry of a handgun
    These seem familar? Hmmmmm Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

    *The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

  3. #3
    Regular Member okiebryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    Posts
    449
    It's no coincidence. One of our Directors came from Michigan. Much of what we are doing was learned from your group.

  4. #4
    Regular Member TheQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lansing, Michigan
    Posts
    3,448
    Imitation is the highest form of flattery.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

    I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

    Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

  5. #5
    Regular Member okiebryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    Posts
    449
    Didn't see any reason to reinvent the wheel. I hope this doesn't bother MOC?

  6. #6
    Regular Member TheQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lansing, Michigan
    Posts
    3,448
    The MOC board seems okay with it.

    -Phil Hofmeister
    MOC pres
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

    I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

    Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Taylor, Wayne County, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,047

    Thumbs up When in Rome...

    These good people are about to embark on grand new adventure for them. I see no reason they shouldn't use our tour guide literature

    Good job OOCA! May your membership grow exponentially!
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 05-26-2012 at 09:41 PM.
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

    “Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

  8. #8
    Regular Member okiebryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    Posts
    449
    Thanks, guys! I hope you will drop by occasionally to offer advice and to join us as we celebrate the victories that are sure to come! BTW... it's OKOCA...

  9. #9
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    These good people are about to embark on grand new adventure for them. I see no reason they shouldn't use our tour guide literature

    Good job OOCA! May your membership grow exponentially!
    Shared information expands the probability of success while avoiding the repetition of pitfalls - helps others to get out of the gate faster. In this case, it is brother helping brother.

    I made the same initial mistake on the acronym/initialism - it is of course OKOCA.

    Best wishes for many successes to:

    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  10. #10
    Regular Member wmodavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    109
    I throw in my best wishes to OKOCA and they have my permission to not re-invent the wheel. I once lived in Michigan.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Springfield Smitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank goodness)
    Posts
    296
    Venator, Q and all other MOC, Inc. members;

    I apologize for any disrespect or confusion. I contacted someone (I have spoken with so many different people from so many organizations in the last few days that I unfortunately do not remember his name) from your organization a few days back and asked about looking at your by-laws, articles of incorporation, and other documents for inspiration and guidance. I was told that we were free to do so. With the mission statement and objectives, I am not sure how we might modify those as they are so generic and universal. I believe I did change a few of the words around a bit.

    Again, I apologize if I offended or upset anyone. Perhaps I misunderstood the conversation. I am responsible for presenting the mission statement and objectives to the other board members for approval, therefore I take full personal responsibility for any frustration or negative reaction to OKOCA's use of such.
    -U.S. Army Veteran (2002-2005) 11BVB4 (Infantry, Airborne, Ranger, some other stuff) SGT (E-5)
    -Public Service Professional - I've done it all: LEO, FF, and EMT
    -Certified NRA Instructor
    -CPL / CCW (whatever other acronym you can think of for carrying a concealed pistol) Instructor
    -Co-founder of OKOCA

    I am not an attorney. None of my statements should be accepted, nor are they intended to be offered, as legal advice or fact of law.

  12. #12
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lansing area, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    6,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Springfield Smitty View Post
    Venator, Q and all other MOC, Inc. members;

    I apologize for any disrespect or confusion. I contacted someone (I have spoken with so many different people from so many organizations in the last few days that I unfortunately do not remember his name) from your organization a few days back and asked about looking at your by-laws, articles of incorporation, and other documents for inspiration and guidance. I was told that we were free to do so. With the mission statement and objectives, I am not sure how we might modify those as they are so generic and universal. I believe I did change a few of the words around a bit.

    Again, I apologize if I offended or upset anyone. Perhaps I misunderstood the conversation. I am responsible for presenting the mission statement and objectives to the other board members for approval, therefore I take full personal responsibility for any frustration or negative reaction to OKOCA's use of such.
    What you mean is so well written and concise, to the point, etc....
    Last edited by Venator; 05-27-2012 at 10:18 PM.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

    *The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Springfield Smitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank goodness)
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    What you mean is so well written and concise, to the point, etc....
    Of course. I did not mean that to be disrespectful. I'm sorry if you took it that way.
    -U.S. Army Veteran (2002-2005) 11BVB4 (Infantry, Airborne, Ranger, some other stuff) SGT (E-5)
    -Public Service Professional - I've done it all: LEO, FF, and EMT
    -Certified NRA Instructor
    -CPL / CCW (whatever other acronym you can think of for carrying a concealed pistol) Instructor
    -Co-founder of OKOCA

    I am not an attorney. None of my statements should be accepted, nor are they intended to be offered, as legal advice or fact of law.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •