• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oklahoma Open Carry Association Mission Statement

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
The objectives of Oklahoma Open Carry Association are:

• To educate and desensitize the public and members of the law enforcement community about the legality of the open carry of a handgun in public.
  • To exercise a natural right to self defense using the most efficient and common tool, a handgun.
  • To demonstrate to the public at large that gun owners are one of the most lawful segments of society and they have nothing to fear from the lawful carry of a handgun.
  • To protect our right to self-defense.

Methods to accomplish objectives are:

• To distribute information via email, mail, telephone and in person to local law enforcement agencies.
  • To have periodic and informal gatherings in public places throughout the state while open carrying our handguns.
  • To contact the media, conduct interviews, relate pertinent information on the internet, write articles and letters to the editors all on the practice of open carry.
  • To participate in larger public events, festivals, car shows, etc., and staff an information booth about open carry.
  • To stay informed of and act against infringing legislation.
  • To always be ambassadors of good will in regards to the safe and lawful carry of a handgun.

Last edited:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
The objectives of Oklahoma Open Carry Association are:

• To educate and desensitize the public and members of the law enforcement community about the legality of the open carry of a handgun in public.
  • To exercise a natural right to self defense using the most efficient and common tool, a handgun.
  • To demonstrate to the public at large that gun owners are one of the most lawful segments of society and they have nothing to fear from the lawful carry of a firearm.
  • To protect our right to self-defense.

Methods to accomplish objectives are:

• To distribute information via email, mail, telephone and in person to local law enforcement agencies.
  • To have periodic and informal gatherings in public places throughout the state while open carrying our handguns.
  • To contact the media, conduct interviews, relate pertinent information on the internet, write articles and letters to the editors all on the legality of open carry.
  • To participate in larger public events, festivals, car shows, etc., and staff an information booth about open carry.
  • To stay informed of and act against infringing legislation.
  • To always be ambassadors of good will in regards to the safe and lawful carry of a handgun

These seem familar? Hmmmmm Michigan Open Carry, Inc.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
When in Rome...

These good people are about to embark on grand new adventure for them. I see no reason they shouldn't use our tour guide literature :p

Good job OOCA! May your membership grow exponentially! :D

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
These good people are about to embark on grand new adventure for them. I see no reason they shouldn't use our tour guide literature :p

Good job OOCA! May your membership grow exponentially! :D

Shared information expands the probability of success while avoiding the repetition of pitfalls - helps others to get out of the gate faster. In this case, it is brother helping brother.

I made the same initial mistake on the acronym/initialism - it is of course OKOCA.

Best wishes for many successes to:

image.php

wmodavis

I throw in my best wishes to OKOCA and they have my permission to not re-invent the wheel. I once lived in Michigan.

Springfield Smitty

OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank good
Venator, Q and all other MOC, Inc. members;

I apologize for any disrespect or confusion. I contacted someone (I have spoken with so many different people from so many organizations in the last few days that I unfortunately do not remember his name) from your organization a few days back and asked about looking at your by-laws, articles of incorporation, and other documents for inspiration and guidance. I was told that we were free to do so. With the mission statement and objectives, I am not sure how we might modify those as they are so generic and universal. I believe I did change a few of the words around a bit.

Again, I apologize if I offended or upset anyone. Perhaps I misunderstood the conversation. I am responsible for presenting the mission statement and objectives to the other board members for approval, therefore I take full personal responsibility for any frustration or negative reaction to OKOCA's use of such.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Venator, Q and all other MOC, Inc. members;

I apologize for any disrespect or confusion. I contacted someone (I have spoken with so many different people from so many organizations in the last few days that I unfortunately do not remember his name) from your organization a few days back and asked about looking at your by-laws, articles of incorporation, and other documents for inspiration and guidance. I was told that we were free to do so. With the mission statement and objectives, I am not sure how we might modify those as they are so generic and universal. I believe I did change a few of the words around a bit.

Again, I apologize if I offended or upset anyone. Perhaps I misunderstood the conversation. I am responsible for presenting the mission statement and objectives to the other board members for approval, therefore I take full personal responsibility for any frustration or negative reaction to OKOCA's use of such.
What you mean is so well written and concise, to the point, etc....

Last edited: