• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC holster for Springfield Armory Champion 1911

SharpEye

Any suggestions? I've been hearing a lot of talk about the SERPA Lvl2 but I'm not sure if it would be a good fit for my Springfield Armory Champion 1911.

Michigander

Safariland holsters are better quality, and many are priced close to that of Serpas, in particular their "fine tac" models which are my preference over the more expensive leather.

Safarilands are more secure, lined with a nice lining that resists finish wear, are difficult to impossible for bystanders to guess at how they unlock, and by far the most importantly, they keep your trigger finger far away from the trigger during the draw, so that you don't do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3kJ6SU3ycs

There is a reason why most PD's, at least around here, use Safarilands, and none I have ever seen use Serpas.

This video is also worth watching on this note.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=GDpxVG9XFJc&NR=1

Last edited:

SharpEye

Safariland holsters are better quality, and many are priced close to that of Serpas, in particular their "fine tac" models which are my preference over the more expensive leather.

Safarilands are more secure, lined with a nice lining that resists finish wear, are difficult to impossible for bystanders to guess at how they unlock, and by far the most importantly, they keep your trigger finger far away from the trigger during the draw, so that you don't do this.

Thank you for the suggestion, Michigander. I watched the videos and must say he made a BIG mistake. When removing my handgun from my current adjustable retention paddle holster, my index finger never as much as brushes the trigger. My thumb stays on the safety though as I draw.

I will look in to a Safariland and make my purchase of choice within the coming week when my check arrives. Once again, thank you for the suggestion. Have a great day :)

EDIT: I used Safariland's Holster Finder and it seems they do not have one to fit my PX91949LP Loaded Champion.

- Shawn

Last edited:

carsontech

Activist Member
Your Springfield is just a 4 inch barrel1911 with ambi-saftey. Don't worry about matching model numbers and all that jazz.

I had the exact model you have and it fit every holster that any other 4 inch barrel 1911 fit.

Blackhawk makes a SERPA for a 5 inch barrel 1911 and a 4.25 inch barrel 1911. The Springfield fit in the 4.25 inch fine, and I'm sure it would fit securely in the 5 inch, as well.

I'm willing to bet any Safariland holster designed for 4 inch barrel (perhaps even larger) 1911 will work fine.

Last edited: