• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

fIrst handgun.

robert1970

My wifes asleep,and I was just sitting here Thinking about all the different handguns I have owned throughout my life,everything from a Ruger super single six in 32 h @ r mag, to a freedom Arms 454 casull. I was just wondering what everyones first handgun they have owned was? I bought my first handgun from a neighbor when I was 14 years old.It wasent nothing special,just a well worn old Smith and Wesson model 10 in 38 special.I probably put close to 15 thousand rounds through that old gun.I learned alot from that old gun.It was the very first caliber that my dad tought me to reload my own shells for.I kinda wish I still had that old gun.

my first handgun was when i was about 14, it was a s&w .38 snub nose. had a little rust and sure wasnt pretty with the life that thing had. but it was my own and i loved it. i ended up forgetting it when we moved i left it in the garage of the house we lived at and when i asked the new owners where it went they said they never found it. :/ i miss that gun

09jisaac

S&W M&P 9. It was gifted to me (new) when I was 16 years of age. I still own it and it is still my EDC.

I think it is funny that the three weapons listed are all S&W with a similar sized projectile.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
My first legal handgun was a 1911 with parts from almost every known manufacturer, including at least two foreign ones. The USMC said it would work, and by golly it did, thanks to JMB's (PBUH) design and Eli Whitney's notion of interchangable parts.

My first personal handgun was a S&W Model 10 surplused by the Dept. of Corrections. Still have it.

stay safe.

twoskinsonemanns

My first was a Taurus 92 9mm. Got it when I was 18 in Maine.
Man I miss that gun. I shot hundreds of rounds through it with out a problem. Then some idiot told me 9mm was a little boys caliber and being young and impressionable (stupid) I traded it toward a 45 I didn't like as much.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
... a 45 I didn't like as much.

I am supposed to call you a traitor and a blasphemer and the offspring of any of a number of 4-legged beasts and condemn you to that special place in Hell next to where they put the people who talk in theaters.

But I won't.*

stay safe.

* 1 free internets to the first person to cite the reference. Bonus Cheetos for linking to YouTube.

SovereignAxe

stainless Ruger Blackawk .357 6.5" bbl Bicentennial Edition when i was 18. It was a birthday gift from my grandfather and I still have it. I'm still wanting to get a left-handed holster so I can carry it. But right now she's a range queen.

09jisaac

they are great starter guns! i wish i still had mine :cry:

They aren't just great starter guns, they're great guns in general. My mother keeps two S&W .38 revolvers. I sometimes use the J frame as a CC weapon.

The first handgun gifted to me was a .357 smith, but it never felt to be "mine" as it was only mine when my father was around. My M&P has stayed with me (either in my dresser or on my hip) since it was gifted to me. I trust my life to smith as I have never found a reason not to.

twoskinsonemanns

I am supposed to call you a traitor and a blasphemer and the offspring of any of a number of 4-legged beasts and condemn you to that special place in Hell next to where they put the people who talk in theaters.

But I won't.*

stay safe.

* 1 free internets to the first person to cite the reference. Bonus Cheetos for linking to YouTube.

:D It wasn't the caliber I didn't like just the gun (Taurus PT-145). I just happened to buy it only for the caliber. I had a 1911 Double Eagle I just loved.

robert1970

found model 10

I just found another model 10 today, so I had to buy it.Iam thinking its going o be a great little gun to teach my girlfriend on.