• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City ordinances for Waterford TWP

TheQ

The best bet for Waterford is to send the "packet" to the city attorney, mayor, and the police chief, certified mail, so there is proof that they received the package. Then go to a city council meeting, where the said people are generally all in attendance. Let them know that their law goes against the state law. Then give them some time to soak it all in. That way, when the harassment happens, one would at least have some sort of chance to prove that the city was made aware, and enforced anyway. Just my 2 cents.

Sure, you can show that someone in those offices received the letter. But you can't prove who. Also, just because you send it to the department, doesn't mean every officer in the department read it.

In a 1983 case the issue is did the officer KNOWINGLY harass someone for something he KNEW to be legal.

A defense to a 1983 case is "THAT officer didn't know". Yep, it's BS, but it's valid.

If the government made a regulation that changed how private industry did something, you could bet your ass that a private company would be fined for each day that went by that all of their employees weren't properly trained. But...when the shoe is on the other foot...

army74

Waterford update

I talked with a board member he is pro gun said he would take care of the ordinances because there outdated and wrong he said if there was anything else to let him know and he would gladly help with it.

wolverine1856

I am a resident and have had a few interactions with WPD. I have found them to be professional, responsive, and not like some of the other departments I have interacted with. I have not had interactions with them about firearms so I may eat these words. I just wanted to throw that out there for some perspective. I think overall they do a pretty good job.