• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New here with holster question

Sportdog7

Fist time here & first post also. I own both a Ruger SR40 & LCP w/laser max I bought just a few weeks ago. Sweet little gun and now instead of the carry case it came with new I would like to get a pocket holster. Problem is I really don't see much out there that will fit the LCP with a laser. I would also like to get a holster that wont profile the fact I'm carrying. Any input would be welcome...Thanks

Sorcice

Unfortunately there aren't many conceal holsters that are made for use with lasers. They are molded using a solid cast replica of the gun. If you really want one you could try posting in your home states forum for a holster maker that is local. Maybe if you send them your laser they can attach it. Before molding(in the case of kydex). or you can get a generic one size fits all like an uncle mikes.

j4l

Unfortunately there aren't many conceal holsters that are made for use with lasers. They are molded using a solid cast replica of the gun. If you really want one you could try posting in your home states forum for a holster maker that is local. Maybe if you send them your laser they can attach it. Before molding(in the case of kydex). or you can get a generic one size fits all like an uncle mikes.

Actually, if you are talking about the little, integral laser unit on one of those, that one is should be a lot easier to make a holster for, vs. the usual clip-to-the-rail units for most other pistols, which end up being wider than the frame.
If I had one of these on-hand to use for measurements, I could scratch-up a prototype rig (leather,though, no plastics)to see, sometime later in the week, but I do not have one...

Sportdog7

Well I found one! I was on Midway's site and began looking at their holster selection. I came across the Desantis Superfly that is made to fit the LCP with the Laser Max.
This is a pocket carry holster and I think with its small size it will be a perfect way to summertime carry or in colder conditions I can even slip it into a jacket pocket. This
pocket holster has a flap that prevents the pistol from profiling. So far this looks like the only option I've been able to find.